Friday, August 13, 2010

A weekend in the woods

I'm writing this from my couch in Massachusetts. It's my first trip home since I've officially moved out. I'm now sleeping in the guest room?? So weird but not as strange as I thought it'd be.

In about half an hour I'll be venturing into the woods of Vermont for the weekend. But no need to worry...I brought PLENTY of Starbucks Via with me to fight the caffeine withdrawals. I'm looking forward to spending a wonderful weekend with most of my extended family. I'll let you know the highlights when I get back.

For those of you staying in the city, here are a few ideas for what to do.

Tonight the boys from Pretty and Nice are playing at the Mercury Lounge. Their based out of Boston, play amazing music, and they are all most definitely "pretty and nice".

On Saturday Derek James is performing at Rockwood Music Hall. Check it out if you're in the mood for some bluesy rock.

On Monday the Giants and the Jets are facing off in an epic pre-season showdown. Find a good bar with good food and root for the Giants!

But I'm getting yelled at since it's time to head up North. Hold down the fort for me in NYC!

2 comments:

  1. Weekend in the Woods? Is that like One Night in Paris? :P

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't you like to know haha

    Miss you lady!

    ReplyDelete