Tuesday, September 21, 2010

J-E-T-S Suck Suck Suck!

So here it is...the entry you've all been waiting for. What I did with my weekend!

Sorry to disappoint but it was a pretty tame weekend. I was still recovering from our big Miami weekend so Friday and Saturday just involved wine and improving my cooking skills. I can now officially make a baked potato without having to call my mom for instructions! I know you're all very impressed. haha

But on Sunday I went big. Ora and I ventured to the Meadowlands for the Jets/Patriots game!!! As you know from reading my blog, I am obsessed with football and the Patriots. Ora feels the same way about the Jets. Needless to say this was one of the greatest days in our lives. We did some serious tailgating in the parking lot beforehand with homemade salsa, wings, sandwiches from the Diner, and of course lots of beer. I rocked the Welker jersey and kept getting booed everywhere I went but whatevs. haha The Patriots lost and Tom Brady played like an idiot, but Wes looked damn good and it was still a super fun day!

However, I did learn a very important lesson while at the game. Sporting events are officially my new favorite place to meet guys. Guys go to sporting events to hang out, drink beer, and watch the game. It's nothing like the bar and club scene where people go out with the goal of hooking up. We met a lot of genuinely nice guys who were seriously impressed that two girls were at the game by themselves. And remember ladies, it won't work if you don't understand the sport, so pick one you know and like! Personally, I will be hitting up some college football games (West Point anyone??) and quite a few Knicks games in the near future. Wish me luck!

This weekend should be a fun one since it's my lovely roommate's bday! I promise an excellent update on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment