Thursday, November 18, 2010

Stuff I Like

Is it just me or is this week dragging on forever?  I just want it to be Friday (and not just because it means I get to see the new Harry Potter movie hahaha).  Hopefully this will lift your spirits and help you get through the count down until the weekend.

1. Cooper 35
I spent this evening's happy hour at Cooper 35.  I wasn't planning on including it on this week's list but it was SO GOOD that I had to make room for it (sorry Sharpies...maybe you'll get your turn next week).  During happy hour all of their cocktails are a mere $3.  And these are not your average cocktails...these are cocktails served in GIANT SIZED GLASSES.  They have everything from your standard whiskey sours to your more exotic woo woos.  The food is unbelievably cheap as well.  It's also unbelievably greasy but when you can get a 3 course dinner with a glass of wine for $16 you can't complain about the quality.  This is definitely my new go to spot for after work drinks.

2. Nelly Pandora Station 
Yesterday I decided creating a Nelly themed Pandora station was vital to my happiness.  It was probably the greatest decision of my life.  (Much much much better than last week's decision to make a Korn and Limp Bizkit themed station...no judging).  Yes, I am aware of the fact that I am a tall, skinny, white, blonde girl.  However, I can also rap along to every word of Big Pun's "Still Not a Player", Petey Pablo's "Freek-A-Leek", and Juvenile's "Back that Azz Up"...all of which were featured on my Nelly station.  And of course, there are also plenty of classics like "Country Grammar", "Batter Up" and "E.I."

3. Victoria's Secret
It's been a stressful couple of weeks for me.  Unlike most women, I don't buy shoes when I'm stressed out.  Instead I run off to Victoria's Secret and buy myself some undies, bras, and ridiculous lacie things to wear for that boyfriend I don't have (aka collect dust in my drawers hahaha).  I have no idea why but I've done this for as long as I can remember.  I guess there are worse habits to have.  Anyways, I am getting ridiculously excited for this year's fashion show (less than 2 weeks away!).  And obviously once it's over, I will immediately log on to my computer and attempt to buy everything that remotely resembles what came down the runway...some one should probably babysit my credit card that night hahaha.

4. Yoga
I've been working out a lot lately and have gotten really into yoga.  I've been practicing for a few years now but now that I'm out of college I finally have time to practice on a regular basis.  I've also almost got the upper body strength to actually do the poses correctly...yay for being a weak girlie girl who's afraid of lifting weights! haha  I've been sticking to Vinaysa but I'm going to try to take 2 classes a week and will add a Hatha class tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll be able to move on Friday!  This week I'm slightly obsessed with the Floor Bow, Camel, and Pigeon poses.

5. Emergen-C
It's officially cold season and I am swearing by Emergen-C.  I absolutely hate getting sick and living in the city means I am constantly exposed to germs!  This stuff is a complete lifesaver.  I start taking it at the first sign of a cold or if I know I've been around someone who's sick.  While it doesn't always completely prevent the cold, it definitely makes the symptoms less severe and the recovery time shorter.  I'm trying to get into the habit of drinking one of these every day.  So far I've been failing miserably but tomorrow I'm going to try to start a streak.  I know I'll be happy when I'm not miserable and sick this winter.


1 comment:

  1. I love Victorias Secret..Just got the 7 pairs for $25..so excited..there products are great quality..and i got the gift card that has a surprise amount on it.. guaranteed at least $10 but could be up to $500, WHOOOHOOO i am hoping for the 500,.Wont find out how much its worth till Dec 1rst I believe

    I am a new follower
    http://dreasblog8685.blogspot.com/

    Looking forward 2 reading more of your blog& check mine out when u can
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete