Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Top Two Tuesday: Healthy Recipes and Snacks


Seriously can't get enough of these Top Two Tuesdays...they're a lot of fun!  Head on over to Taylor's Blog and link up.

This week's topic is healthy recipes and snacks.  Now I'm the girl who has gone on a crazy "popcorn and diet coke diet" before many a spring break so I might not be the best one to ask about this haha.  But, I do have a few delicious suggestions up my sleeve.


1. Annie's Bunny Grahams
These are the absolute perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without feeling guilty!  You can have 30 of these bite sized treats for just 130 calories (compare that to just a half cup of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked which packs a whopping 280 calories) .  They've also got 20% of your daily calcium giving you yet another reason to feel good about eating them.  Oh and did I mention how cute they are?

2. Mini Cucumbers and Hummus

Speaking of cute foods, I have recently developed an obsession with mini cucumbers.  I cut one up every morning, scoop a couple of tablespoons of hummus into a Tupperware, and I've got an amazing afternoon snack.  Usually I'll add some other veggies too...this week it's been carrots but cherry tomatoes or thinly sliced zucchini sticks are excellent choices as well.

14 comments:

  1. I will have to try those bunny grahams! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM...I love cucs and hummus!! I need to try the bunny grahams though...I love Annie's mac n cheese!

    P.S. I just tried to respond to your comment, but you don't have an email linked to your comments :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything that comes in tie-dye packaging is something I need in my life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything mini! I need to find some mini cucumbers now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Top 2 Tuesday. I love your blog!

    I've heard really great things about Annie's but I've never gotten the chance to try them!

    If you stop by and decide to follow me, please be sure to let me know in a comment. I always follow blog. I love connecting with other personal bloggers!


    Happy Tuesday! Love, Mommy Kerin
    http://hergoodintentions.blogspot.comy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, It's Ainslee from http://loveainslee.blogspot.com. I just love your blog & I am so jealous that you live in NYC. Also, the recipe is very easy to follow (if you go back to my blog there is a link for it).

    I'm following you now!

    -Ainslee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cucs and hummus sounds really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mini cucs, I have never tried it with hummus but I just might have to!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm I LOVE Sabra Hummus
    It's SO delicious

    CUTE BLOG

    xoxo
    bB
    www.itsybitsybrianna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. mini cukes... i'll have to try those! thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to add apple slices with peanut butter to that list! Three for Tuesday! ;P

    ALSO - loving the new layout, you got the picture banner to work!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love apples and peanut butter.

    And thanks! My next venture into design is going to be figuring out how to make one of those cute picture signatures. We'll see how it goes haha

    ReplyDelete