Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Rachel was in town this weekend and it was absolutely fabulous!  We were always the 2 trouble makers in our group of friends (followed very very closely by Miss Ora) and are always egging each other on to do something crazy.  We caused our share of trouble during undergrad...from picking up a pair of ICE agents at a Swedish Embassy gala and then dragging them all over DC to find an after party, to making midwestern frat boys tear up on Spring Break with our flaming jager shots, and who could forget the ridiculous toga party we once ended up at in suburban Virginia.

We spent most of the weekend doing a little shopping, eating diner food, and having some cocktails.  Two of the absolute highlights were being able to see Love, Loss, and What I Wore (which is getting it's own post later this week...it was that good!) and dancing until close at the Red Lion.

It's been a good few weeks for visiting with GW friends.  I've been reading a lot of posts about the "What Ifs" of being in your 20s lately (Jbunny and Fresh Year of Life) and weekends like this make me consider them in my own life.

What if I had stayed in DC for more of this:
And this:




Life would be 100% different right now.  I love every minute of living in NYC but some times I have to wonder how things would be different if I'd stayed.  I talked about this with the VP of my department the other day and I don't think anyone could have said it better than her, "It's not right or wrong, good or bad, it's just different".

No comments:

Post a Comment