Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 1

I've been thinking about participating in a blog challenge for a while now so I was very excited when the wonderful Cait over at  Fierce, Fit and Fabulous posted a 30 day challenge for the month of March.  Hopefully I can keep up with the daily posts.  Head on over to her blog if you're interested in participating!

 Day 1-A picture of yourself with 10 facts


1. I moved to NYC in May...2 days after graduating college.  I've been having the time of my life so far and I'm very happy I decided to do it!

2. I love eating cupcakes, french fries, salt and vinegar chips, ice cream and pretty much any junk food.  But DON'T YOU DARE serve me anything but a skim latte...you've got to save on the calories some how right?

3. I wear a lot of headbands.  They're perfect for keeping my hair out of my face or making a pony tail look like it took more effort than it did.

4. I have a serious reality TV addiction.  If it's about weddings, housewives, teen moms, or jersey shore guidos consider me hooked.

5. One of the reasons I wanted to live in NYC is because it's half way between my real family in MA and my GW family in DC.  I visit both (or they come visit me!) frequently.

6. I'm slowly but surely learning some domestic skills.  I've recently discovered cooking is no where near as hard as it looks.  If you poke around my blog a bit, you'll notice I occasionally sneak a few recipes in here.

7. I work at a non profit but I've got some expensive taste.  Sites like Haute Look, Gilt, and Rue La La are a life saver.

8. During college, I spent 4 months living in Barcelona.  I loved every single minute of it; the food, the people, the beach, and the language.  I can't wait to go back someday.

9. My little sister and I are 6 years apart.  The age difference was difficult while we were growing up but we've become a lot closer now that we're older.

10. Even though I've been overseas, I haven't traveled to many states outside of the East Coast.  I'm hoping to change this over the summer with trips to Indianapolis and Chicago.  Who knows, maybe I'll even finally make it to LA!

3 comments:

  1. love this girl :) thanks so much for linking up! That's so exciting that you lived 4 months in Barcelona! My sister and I are traveling over there this summer for 3 days so you'll have to tell me where to go :) can't wait to read more! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we go to Chicago?? I've never been. Let's get on it STAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great blog! glad you're doing the challenge...i am too :-)

    AND...i might just need to trade places with you and live in NY. ohio is entirely too boring for me right now ;-)

    <3 Megan
    http://www.suitcaseandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete