Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 18

Day 18: A picture of your biggest insecurity

Hopefully this is something a lot of 20 somethings can relate to, but I've been super insecure lately about how uncertain my life is right now.  Do I want to go to grad school?  If I do, what should I study?  How many years do I want to live in NYC for?  Do I want to make the move permanent?  What do I see as my future career path?  Do I want to work in non-profits forever or do I want to give the private sector a try in a few years?

I feel like my life is one big question mark lately.  I love that I have so many options but at the same time it's frustrating.  I've always been a planner and for the first time in my life I don't have a definite plan and it's seriously freaking me out.

4 comments:

  1. Oh girl! Believe me - you're not alone! It happens to the best of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm the same way though ha- i'm ALMOST 25 AHHH, and realizing that even though I'm in grad school- do I really know where my life is heading? hopefully for a great job but I feel like I'm already behind with friends who have career jobs, MARRIED and some with KIDS! Is my life going by?! So no, you're not alone in thinking this ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not having a plan can be stressful OR liberating, depending on how you look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting ready to graduate and I feel the same way. I've been looking at different sectors, and most companies expect you to work there for a long time, but I mostly just want to make money so I can start my own business. It doesn't help that so many jobs I'm thinking of applying to don't even require a Bachelor's, they care more about experience.

    ReplyDelete