Thursday, June 9, 2011

Stuff I Like

1. No Bake Peanut Butter Pie

Thank god for Pinterest or I would have never stumbled upon the recipe for this no bake peanut butter pie.  I bought myself a hand mixer and was able to throw it together in about 10-15 minutes.  It was a huge hit at our office lunch club on Monday!  For the recipe visit One Ordinary Day.

2. Professor Thom's

I love me some Boston sports...which can get me into some serious trouble living in NYC!  This is where Professor Thom's comes in.  Sort of like an oasis in the desert...it's a Boston bar in the middle of New York City!  The people are great and it was my go to place to watch the Celtics, is now my place to watch the Red Sox, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a good place to watch the Pats in the fall (*fingers crossed that we get football season this year*).

3. New Orleans Bounce Music


My sassy co-worker from New Orleans recently introduced me to the wonders of New Orleans Bounce Music and specifically the wonderful Big Freedia, the Queen Diva.  I may have no idea what she means when she instructs is to "toot it up, hut, hut girl let's go" but  how can you not love music who's whole purpose is to get you to shake your butt?

4. Real World Las Vegas

Since Rachel and I wandered in from Joshua Tree at 5am on Saturday...we spent most of the day on the couch.  This led to one of the greatest discoveries of all time....Real World Las Vegas.  Seriously, how did it take me so long to start watching this!?  I love the dynamic between the housemates and it was actually a really good season.  I'm slightly obsessed with Heather and Dustin and despise Mike and Cooke a bit.  Who were your favorite housemates?

5. Girls' Weekend


The girls and I are in the process of planning a trip for 4th of July weekend.  The front runner right now is VA Beach for a few days and then up to DC for the 4th of July fireworks.  I can't remember the last time I looked forward to something so much!  I can't wait for cocktails, beach time, and lots of laughing! I have started a crazy workout routine to get ready though.  That Jbunny loves to take pictures and I need to look good in my bikini! haha  Have you taken any particularly memorable girls' trips?

7 comments:

  1. SO EXCITED. SO SO SO SO EXCITED. And not going to lie-- beach was 90% of the motivation I needed to go to the gym last night haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling over that pie! Oh my word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girlfriend i am stealing that pie recipe off your pinterest! and i used to watch the celtics at professor thoms!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't believe that pie only took 15 mins!! and I head to Wogie's for some Philly sports action in the city! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 3 best girl friend and I do a girls trip every year. This year we are headed to San Francisco in July for some wine tasting, lots of yummy food, a half marathon and some karaoke! :)

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the PB pie! I made it too! So easy and such a hit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i <3 #5! do it! then i'll get to see you! ;)
    --sarah

    ReplyDelete