Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Stuff I Like

1. Fleet Week

It's Fleet Week ladies and given my propensity for dating men in the military...we all know I'll be causing some trouble.  Seriously, a white officer's uniform may be the most attractive piece of clothing ever invented.  I will definitely be hitting up the bars in Midtown this weekend...wish me luck!

2. Misery Loves Cabernet

Kim Gruenenfelder delivers another hilarious story with Misery Loves Cabernet.  I'm not kidding you, I loved this book so much I missed my subway stop...twice.  I just love the main character Charlie, she's so easy to relate to and the book of advice she's working on for her great-granddaughter is amazing.  My personal favorite piece of advice is "When picking a man, the man who automatically orders you a large ice cream is the keeper".  If you're looking for a great beach read, this book is for you!

3. Brunch

While I was in DC, I had brunch with the girls at Hank's Oyster Bar (delicious btw.  I definitely recommend checking it out if you find yourself in DC).  It was the first time I'd been to brunch in months and I forgot how much I love it!  It's just so nice to put on a dress, sit outside, sip a cocktail, and gossip...oh and critique the outfits of fellow brunchers.

4. Real Housewives of New Jersey

I just love these cray cray housewives from New Jersey.  Caroline Manzo is my girl.  I love how focused she is on her family and how she doesn't put up with nonsense from anyone.  Teresa's family is such a hot mess this season.  Is it just me or do the two new housewives seem like they are just insanely jealous of Teresa?  I'm sorry that you didn't get invited to be on the previous season but GET OVER IT.  I really can't stand those two.

5. The Lonely Island "Jack Sparrow" (ft. Michael Bolton)


This video had me laughing hysterically when I first saw it!  I love The Lonely Island's songs but adding Michael Bolton was too much.  He looks fabulous dressed up like Jack Sparrow and Erin Brockovich.

4 comments:

  1. :) I love Fleet week for many reasons :)

    I get to enjoy watching the ships with my son :) and see some hunkies walking around (shhhh don;t tell my husband I said that lol)

    Good luck and have lots of fun at the bars :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I love your blog...and Andy Samberg. So, the Lonely Island is one of my favorites, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. im totally loving brunch too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You convinced me! Just bought the book on my Kindle app, hope ya don't let me down. Enjoy fleet week!!

    ReplyDelete