Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up: Fourth of July Edition

Our Fourth of July VA Beach/DC/road trip extravaganza was a HUGE success.  Ora and I were on the road by 6am...I hope everyone's proud...and picked up the girls in DC around 11.  We then began the theme of the road trip portion of our vacation...a fast food tour of the mid-Atlantic!

Stop number 1-Sonic
We got stuck in some KILLER traffic on the way to VA Beach...so we obviously tried to get Ora to pull over the car so we could take jello shots...she declared that we were riding in the "car of sobriety"and crushed this dream.  We eventually arrived in VA Beach and enjoyed this gorgeous view from our hotel room.


VA Beach itself was a ton of fun and full of our typical shenanigans.  Giant dance parties in our room, 3am swims, and massive amounts of sunbathing.  We went to a really fun bar inside the Hilton called Catch 31...which I highly recommend if you find yourself in VA Beach.  I also spent a lot of time with one of my fleet week favorites...and I'm very glad the girls didn't mind!

On our way back to DC we hit up Colonial Williamsburg and stop number 2 of the mid-Atlantic fast food tour...Steak 'n Shake!  It was my first experience at Steak 'n Shake and boy was it delicious!

Stop number 2
Once we were back in DC, the real shenanigans started.  I don't know how many of you follow P. Diddy on Twitter but if you don't, you probably should.  That man is always tweeting about crazy recipes that involve his Ciroc Vodka (and sometimes Diddy Bopping...ok well maybe I just sing Diddy Bop whenever I drink Ciroc...it's fine).  Diddy tweeted about a drink called the McSwag...strawberry lemonade slushies from McDonald's filled with Ciroc Red Berry.  Clearly I HAD to try it and made Secret Lover take us to McDonald's to buy EIGHT of these slushies.

McSwags
Seriously...the most delicious cocktails ever...and they are oh so classy too.  To make things even classier, I forced everyone to participate in a "patriotic manicure contest" while drinking the McSwags.  I won.



Other than that, Ora and I made Jbunny run all over town with us in search of patriotic things like donuts and hats.  Here are the pictures that resulted from the rest of our night...enjoy!








We sadly had to leave DC the next morning but managed to hit up stop number 3 of our fast food tour on the way home...

Stop number 3
I hope everyone had a safe and happy fourth!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip. Love your patriotic themed nails!
    visiting from #commenthour

    ReplyDelete
  2. July 4th at the beach AND our nation's capitol? I don't think it gets more patriotic than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah i love this post girl ;) umm teach me how to do your awesome theme nails because those are fabulous- i love that you had a contest for it ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was fun. You're the first person to say Ciroc was good though. lol. Diddy is a trip. Visiting from #commenthour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting trip :) And I love your 30 before 30 list. Visiting from #commenthour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww I am so glad I found your blog thru commenthour#. I graduated in 2010 too :-) props to you for moving to NYC and living it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like so much fun!! totally making a mcswag soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a fun trip. I miss Steak 'n Shake!

    And I can totally see why you won the patriotic nail competition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great weekend. I hit up Sonic every time I can!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like so much fun! Not sure Hubby would jump on board if I suggested we jump in the car right now and head towards VA Beach!
    #commenthour {yes, I'm way behind}

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like you had a wonderful 4th! those mcswags look yummyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  12. ""patriotic manicure contest" while drinking " - umm... AMAZE-BALLS!

    ReplyDelete