Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

It was hot hot hot in NYC this weekend!  However, I was not going to let it stop me from having a good time.  Here's what I got up to.


Friday


On Friday night we used a Rue La La deal and checked out Stir.  I absolutely loved this place!  The appetizers were delicious (I highly recommend the eggplant parmesan sliders and spinach and artichoke dip), the martinis were strong and exotic (try the cucumber and the elderflower), and the DJ was killing it (can we say Ja Rule and Brit Brit?).  The only drawback is that at $14 a pop for a martini, Stir can be a little expensive.  I recommend hitting it up during happy hour when the martinis are just $9.

Saturday

Melissa and I beat the heat on Saturday and saw Friends with Benefits.  I'll pretty much see any movie with Justin but this movie was adorable!  It's essentially a romantic comedy that pokes fun at the stereotypical romantic comedy.  It was easy to relate to, Mila and Justin had some serious chemistry, and there were some really great jokes.  Justin also looked damn fine without his shirt on.  Before the movie started they showed a preview for Abduction with Taylor Lautner.  Anyone else excited to see it?  I think it looks good!

Sunday


Yesterday I knocked off a couple more items on my Summer in the City list!

4. Have cocktails at a rooftop bar.
5. Eat at Eatly.

I met up with Kelsey for lunch at Eatly, an amazing little place that's both a grocery store and a series of Italian restaurants.  After roaming around the grocery store portion and drooling over all the Italian pastas, meats, and pastries we headed up to the rooftop for lunch at Birreria, Eataly's beer garden.



The beers at Birreria were a little bit expensive but it was a neat place and the food was delicious.  We kept talking about how it would be a great place for a first or second date.  A rooftop beer garden is laid back but unique enough to make it a memorable evening.  I grabbed a flourless dark chocolate cake on my way out and it was to die for.  I will definitely be going back in the near future to try the gelato.

Oh, I also give myself this killer mani that I found on Pinterest.

What do you think?  To do it yourself, paint your whole nail the neutral color and let it dry completely.  Then wrap small pieces of scotch tape around your nails, leaving just the tips exposed.  When you paint the tips, the scotch tape will keep the lines perfectly straight.

10 comments:

  1. Leanna that's a fabulous idea with the nails! great great great! it's so fun :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. All-in-all, sounds like a fabulous weekend in New York City! Eataly is a must-visit, no matter where you live in Manhattan. The beer garden that just open sounds like fun, although we've yet to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only my nails were long enough to try that. I have the smallest nail beds on the planet. For real.
    I want to see that movie so bad. I think she is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your weekend looked like a lot of fun, darlin! stir, huh? and eataly. would you believe i have yet to go there????

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally wanting to see friends with benefits sooo bad! it freaking comes out in norway in OCTOBER!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to see friends with benefits! i love me some JT and i love the mani idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your life seems so fabulous to me! I love reading about it. :)

    I love your nails and REALLY want to see Abducted. Love me some gorgeous Taylor Lautner. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard how HOT it was and I promise I did not send it to you! I am from Oklahoma! I want to see that movie so bad. Love those nails. I pinned them also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I saw that preview for Abduction with Taylor Lautner and I’ll admit it looks really good but since I don’t watch or read Twilight, I just don’t like T.L. I feel his facial expression never changes and I just can’t stand it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to try the nails!

    Didn't you think that "Friends with Benefits" was just "No Strings Attached" a year later? If anything, they could have waited till 2012. Not that i've seen it (yet) :P

    ReplyDelete