Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up: Hurricane Irene Edition

Between celebrating the births of Jbunny and Rachel and braving Irene...this weekend was a fun one!

Friday


We started the weekend off in style with mani-pedis and happy hour at Lou's City Bar.  I discovered the deliciousness that is a Shandy...beer and lemonade together?  How could you go wrong!

Round 2 of the evening found us at Rocket Bar for an intense skee ball tournament.  I'm kinda obsessed with skee ball so I pretty much love this bar.  I won a few rounds, lost a few rounds, and watched a ridiculous guy jump up onto the skee ball lane when he beat his girlfriend.  You keep it classy.

Since I had to make my return to DC with a bang...we may have ended the night by swimming at a mansion.  It's fine.

Saturday

We started out our morning with bottomless mimosa brunch at Local 16.  They're running a special right now for all their Facebook fans...$15 gets you a brunch entree and a bottomless drink.  Can't beat that!

We then headed over to the lovely Tim and Christine's and got ourselves hurricaned in.  We had plenty of food, drinks, board games, and youtube videos to keep us entertained though.  Oh...and we were even lucky enough to witness a special live report from the BBC on their balcony:

video


5 comments:

  1. Ha who knew hurricane weekends were so fun? Well, actually most people that have been through a mild hurricane. We had 2 weeks off of school once in Houston - M-azing!

    In other news, the beer + lemonade mix is called a Radler. They're super popular in Germany and they have them at all the beer gardens, obsessed! They also have a beer and cola mix, but I've declared that too weird for me for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad some 'ol hurricane like Irene didn't stop you from having an incredible weekend! Seems like you had some great company if you were going to be confined inside - the "BBC reporters" are freaking hilarious!!! :) LOVE it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of this blog! I might move to NYC next year, ahh! I'll have to let you know if I do... I'd love to meet up! :)

    Don't forget to enter my Coach purse giveaway! http://stylocrat.blogspot.com/2011/08/100th-post-vintage-coach-purse-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love skee ball! But no one wanted to play with me at the carnival this past weekend :( Figures..they knew I'd kick their ass (maybe).

    Also - i didn't even batt an eyelash when you said you went swimming at a mansion...lol

    ReplyDelete