Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Stuff I Like

1. LearnVest

One of my biggest goals with this new job and move is to become more financially stable.  I'm off to a little bit of a rocky start with all of my moving expenses, but I already feel like I'm getting a better handle on my spending habits.  The next step in the budget extravaganza is working with LearnVest.  You link it with your bank account and it monitors all your purchases, categorizes them, and tells you exactly where your money is going each month.  This girl is currently spending waaaaay too much money at bars and restaurants.  I'm going to try to turn that around ASAP!

2. Donut Shop K Cups

My new office has a Keurig.  It has been life changing.  I can now experiment with all kinds of exotic coffee flavors.  My favorite so far has been the Donut Shop...I think the festive picture of the donut has influenced this decision but it's definitely still delicious.  I'm also dying to try the Chocolate Glazed Donut variety.  I am seriously considering ordering a box and keeping it hidden in my desk!

3. Kelly's Irish Times

Rachel and I are in search of the perfect bar to watch a Patriots game and Kelly's Irish Times was first on our list.  This place is absolutely DIRT CHEAP.  We each had 3 beers and split and] appetizer and each ended up paying only $20...you can't beat that!  Plus, their cheesy bacon tater tots were probably the most tasty thing I have ever eaten.  The crowd was a little older than we expected but everyone was super friendly.  I don't think it will be our regular football watching spot, but we will definitely be back!

4. Southwest

I've been booking a lot of travel home lately (if you follow me on Twitter you'll know that my dad's been sick) and Southwest has been a godsend.  Their fares are actually affordable, they have a great rewards program, and they don't charge you to check a bag!  Plus, their staff is always extremely friendly.  I've never had a bad experience while flying with them.  You should all keep them in mind for your holiday travel!

5. Vera Bradley Christmas Cards
I hope you're all ready to get some of these this winter...I'm loving how cute Vera Bradley's Christmas Cards are!

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know Vera had cards this year. How cute! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that your dad has been sick :( Hope he has been improving! Is South West decently priced?!

    CUTE CARDS...didn't know Vera had cards!

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to order the chocolate glazed donut asap. I promise you'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been on a SW flight yet where the attendants sing on the intercom? My favorite was zip-a-dee-do-dah. ;) So freaking cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these things. At my old job I lived off those donut shop k cups!

    Also- I got your package today! I absolutely loved it! That stationary and coffee cup is to die for! The chocolate bar is completely liquid right now but I'm planning on putting it in the freezer so I can eat it later! Thank you so much :) I am excited to post about it on the 20th :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a Keurig?! I wish samples of that donut coffee were FedEx-able :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how I missed your blog before but just wanted to say hi! I found you through Shari's blog :) I love Southwest too..we just traveled to Boston and it was so much cheaper plus free luggage! I'm going to have an awesome giveaway coming up so feel free to enter :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete