Thursday, October 6, 2011

Stuff I Like

1. Fall Coats

via
I'm loving being able to whip out my fall coat again!  Wearing a knee length black coat with a pair of black leggings or tights just makes me feel sophisticated and ready to take on the day.

2. Trenta Iced Coffees
So we all remember my first run in with the Starbucks' Trenta, right?  I threw it away in defeat and avoided the Trenta at all costs for the next 4 months.  Well, I FINALLY conquered the Trenta on Sunday!  I must say, I am officially a fan.  But I highly recommend waiting to order one until you really really need that much caffeine.  The first time it left me feeling nauseous and miserable.  This time, it was exactly the fuel I needed to get through moving to my new apartment.

3. Chocolate Glazed Donut K Cups
Ever since I read Shari's post about this coffee, I have been dying to try it!  I was pretty excited when I found a box of it at Bed Bath & Beyond the other day.  It is just as delicious as I imagined it would be and it smells just like a chocolate munchkin from Dunkin Donuts!  Plus, it definitely satisfies my sweet tooth without all the calories of eating an actual donut.

4. DSW
My new apartment is a few short blocks from DSW which I can already tell is going to be trouble.  They have such great deals!  I snagged a new pair of $70 work out shoes for just $35 the other day!  Now I just need to pick up some fall boots...and some flats...and a new pair of heels...I told you this was going to be trouble!

5. Larry's Ice Cream

Larry's Ice Cream is a little shop near Dupont Circle that has some of the best ice cream I've ever had.  I've went a few times in college but I recently rediscovered it thanks to a Scout Mob coupon (who can resist a free scoop of ice cream??).  Their ice cream is homemade, fresh, and delicious.  Stop by next time you're in the area!

3 comments:

  1. whoa that coffee sounds amazing!!! oh and dsw is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN to the fall coats. I'm using Germany as an excuse to buy a billion because if you spend any good amount of money on a coat in Texas, you're ridiculous because you can wear it about 10 days a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanna, you're making me having fond DC memories :D I used to love Larry's also....somewhat expensive and sometimes brusque service but, you're right, INCREDIBLE ice cream!

    ReplyDelete