Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Stuff I Like

1. Hot Buttered Rum

The girls down the hall came over for to chat on Monday night and brought a tray full of hot buttered rum with them.  I'd never tried it before but it was delicious!  I think I've officially found my new holiday drink.  Check out the recipe here.

2. Hell on Wheels

Has anyone else been watching this new show on AMC?  I have been absolutely LOVING Hell on Wheels so far.  It's got a little romance, lots of drama, revenge plots, and a down and dirty Western vibe. It is a tad violent but I think it needs to be to translate the danger of the Wild West.  I can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds!

3. Hope in a Jar


With the change in the weather, it's getting to be that time of year where my skin constantly feels dry and miserable.  While it's not too hard to find a body moisturizer, finding something to use on your face is always much more difficult.  I was thrilled when I discovered Philosophy's Hope in a Jar!  It goes on unbelievably light, isn't greasy at all, and leaves my skin feeling hydrated.

4. Voila Pasta


I've had a lot of after work events this week and haven't had much time to cook but I HATE eating take out.  This week I've been opting for Voila skillet meals.  They're cheaper than take out, aren't loaded with calories, and are pretty tasty for coming out of the frozen food aisle.  I'm definitely going to make sure I always keep one in the freezer for nights that I don't have time to cook.

5. Unicef Christmas Cards


I had my heart set on sending out perfectly preppy Vera Bradley Christmas Cards this season but my mother made me feel guilty about spending so much money on them.  Instead, I opted for UNICEF Christmas Cards.  In the holiday spirit, they both spread joy to your friends and family and help children throughout the world.  Plus, they do have some gorgeous designs!

4 comments:

  1. I love all of your loves! I haven't seen Hell on Wheels but I have heard all good things about it. Voila pasta sounds delish! I like that they aren't calorie loaded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to try that Hope in a Jar! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of that drink but the recipe sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buttered Rum...zomg, sounds so freaking good. Those UNICEF cards are so pretty!! And my boyfriend is watching Hell on Wheels. I was so bored during the first episode so I opted not to watch the second. I usually like a good western, but I felt like they went to fast for character development.

    ReplyDelete