Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Stuff I Like

1. Ten Thousand Villages


I did a little bit of my Christmas shopping at Ten Thousand Villages in Old Town Alexandria and I am officially OBSESSED with it.  They have beautiful handmade gifts from all over the world.  I fell in love with all their gorgeous blue and white ceramics made by artisans in Vietnam.  Not only are you buying an unique gift, you're also supporting these artisans and their villages.

2. The Bachelor


I'm not usually big on watching The Bachelor.  In fact, I usually hate the show.  My roommate grew up in the same town as crazy pants Jenna so we decided to give this season a chance.  As much as I hate to admit it, I am absolutely HOOKED.  The level of drama and crazy is so out of control, how can you not be drawn in?  Those girls are vicious...and I can't wait to see what happens next.

3. iPhone


I've had my iPhone for about a week now and I don't know how I ever lived without it.  The operating system is great and I can run the majority of my work programs off of it...it's nice not to have to be glued to a computer quite as much.  I've also developed a sick obsession with Words with Friends and Hanging with Friends.  You should challenge me to a game! lwood15

4. Say Yes to the Dress


Say Yes to the Dress is one of my favorite shows!  There's something so uplifting and happy about watching the brides find their perfect dress.  I also love seeing the different styles and personalities of the brides.  Does anyone else watch this show?

5. A Prayer for Owen Mean

I read A Prayer for Owen Meany in high school and I recently decided to re-read it.  I remembered absolutely loving it but since I had read it so long ago, I couldn't remember all the details.  I'm so glad I decided to give it a second read since I fell in love with the story all over again.  Owen's courage, determination, and blind faith are inspiring.  The story is also so real.  It doesn't gloss over the pain of losing someone you love but at the same time emphasizes that things always work out in the end.  If you've never read it before, I recommend putting it on your 2012 reading list.

7 comments:

  1. I love my iphone too! : ] And that little shop looks adorbs. I haven't read a prayer for owen meany but maybe I should?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh I LOVE John Irving books..."A Widow for One Year" is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll admit it--I'm a true Bachelor/Bachelorette fan, I can't get enough, haha! Also love Say Yes to the Dress! Just found your blog and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I'm due for a new phone in March, and I think I'm going with the iPhone...I can't wait! Say Yes is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on 1-4. Never read the book though :) And as for #1...never been to that actual shop but love Alexandria! Visited a few years back and adored it there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister lives in Alexandria, I'll have to tell her about this shop! And...I am totally obsessed with the Bachelor & Say Yes to the Dress.

    I hope you'll check out my blog, plus a link up called Wish! {out loud} that I hope you'll participate in!

    http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only played words with friends but I'll be downloading Hanging now to check it out! Lookout for my invite! :) [dkbg]

    ReplyDelete