Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday

I was feeling a little run down on Friday night so I opted for a quiet night in.  After catching up on some DVR I watched The Five People You Meet in Heaven.  It was such a beautiful movie and touching story of how small actions affect the lives of others.  If you ever catch it on tv, I recommend tuning in....but I'm warning you in advance, it's a tear jerker.  I'm adding it to the list of books I want to read in 2012.

Saturday

Jbunny and I enjoyed the beautiful DC weather by sitting outside and sipping iced coffee and visiting the Degas Exhibit at the Phillips Collection.  The exhibit was breathtaking!  I love the way Degas captures all the little details of a ballet rehearsal...the big bows, the frilly skirts, the way the dancers' muscles stretch in their movements, and even the occassional bored girl sitting in the background.

via
That night we headed to Lost Society.  I've been wanting to check out this bar for a while now and I'm really glad we did!  It has a great atmosphere with lots of little nooks (like the one pictured above) which were great places to sit down and have a conversation.  It was the perfect night to catch up with some old friends and get to know some new friends better.

Sunday

Sunday was another lazy day dedicated to football and homemade taco chili.  It was the perfect way to relax and get ready for the upcoming week!

5 comments:

  1. Hi friend. Did I already tell you the dates for my DC trip? It's May 16th to 21st. Can't wait to meet face to face!

    Can I have your recipe for that chili? I'd love to have it, if you don't mind! (thequeenbc@gmail.com). : ]

    Love the sound of your weekend!

    Love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh love Degas! so jealous he's one of my favs! and i've never seen the movie but i absolutely loved the book the five people you meet in Heaven! i'll try to catch the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that book! I haven't seen the movie yet, but I highly suggest all of Mitch Albom's books!

    I'm sure you're getting pumped for your Pats this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love that book! It's been awhile since I've read it (it may be time to re-read it!) but I do remember crying so hard at some parts. I'll have to check out the movie!

    Lucky girl, I love Degas! Would have loved to have walked through that exhibit with you.

    ReplyDelete