Thursday, March 15, 2012

Journey Forward (5)




This week's Journey Forward topic is to describe yourself.  It's easy for me to describe others but, I always find it more difficult to describe myself.


I tried writing this out in paragraph form but it's just not working...I told you I'm terrible at writing about  myself!  We're going with a bulleted list instead.

10 Facts About Me



1. I always have to be busy.  I keep my schedule completely full with work, happy hours, lunch dates, blogging, and soon volunteering will be added to the mix.

2. I have a hard time saying no.  I'm always afraid friends will be mad at me if I tell them I can't help them with a project or I can't meet them at the bar this weekend.  It's something I'm trying to work on.

3. Coffee keeps me going.  I have to have at least 2 cups a day or I get cranky.  I blame my family since everyone drinks massive amounts of the stuff.  My grandfather even refers to coffee as "Swedish Gasoline".

4. I'm a complete girlie girl and am obsessed with sundresses and sparkles BUT...I'm also one of the biggest Patriots fans you'll ever meet.

5. I'm very close with my family and they mean the world to me.

6. I'm a perfectionist.  I always want everything I do to turn out right and turn out right the first time.  I tend to be hard on myself when I make a mistake.

7. While I love fiction, my favorite thing to read is a memoir.  I find learning about the experiences of others absolutely fascinating.

8. I always like to bring fun into whatever situation I'm in.  Whether it's suggesting my friends play a silly board game instead of sitting in front of the TV or running out and buying a sweet treat for my team when we've been having a stressful day at the office.

9. If I could, I would spend every day sitting on the beach, listening to the waves, and reading a good book.

10. I like trying new things.  It doesn't matter how big or small it is.  Traveling to a different city, trying out a new recipe, or going to a festival are all thrilling to me.



5 comments:

  1. I only like to read memoirs too! Fiction is hard for me to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am horrible at saying no to people. I never want anyone to be upset with me but it's necessary for sanity's sake sometimes. I'm learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting to get better at the saying no to people. But as soon as it get awkward I will back down and say YES YES YES.

    And umm...I could also read a book on the beach EVERYDAY! I need that so badly right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number ten sounds just like me!! I think doing new things is what makes life so exciting and worthwhile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're always tweeting/blogging about the fun experiences you have and it makes me want to come out to D.C. and hang out with you :) You really seem like such a fun girl! I wish we could have spent more time together in NYC at the blogger meet up last spring. If only our hotel wasn't outside of the city and we could have showed up when it wasn't over! :( Maybe one day :) I love learning these tid bits about you :)

    ReplyDelete