Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

First of all....Happy Spring!!  What are you doing to celebrate the official start of my favorite season?  I'm rocking a yellow skirt and I have every intention of going to see the cherry blossoms this weekend.

My weekend wrap up is going to start on Saturday this week.  Friday night was dedicated to resting up for St. Patrick's Day and watching TV.  I don't think you want to read a play by play of that.

Saturday


I started out the day right with St. Patty's Day cupcakes for breakfast and then had a bunch of friends over for drinks.  The weather here was absolutely GORGEOUS.  It was perfect for having a few beers on the balcony...and yelling "Happy St. Patrick's Day!" or "Top of the morning to ya" to anyone wearing green.  It's fine.

We then donned some fake mustaches and headed over to Murphy's (really, where else would I be on St. Patty's Day?).  There was a 20 minute wait to get in, which was insane but totally worth it.  Inside it was a sea of green and the Irish singers were performing all day.  Besides the usual Murphy's crew, a bunch of the Patriots' crowd was there as well!  We hadn't seen any of them since the Super Bowl and it was a lot of fun to catch up!  I may have stolen one of their "Irish Whiskey Makes Me Frisky" sashes.  Oooops...it looked better on me anyway.

Sunday

via
On Sunday I made a traditional St. Patrick's Day meal of corned beef.  I wasn't thrilled with the quality of the corned beef at my grocery store but it turned out ok.  Did anyone else make a corned beef this year?  It just doesn't seem like St. Patrick's Day to me without one!

via
I ended the evening by watching the season finale of Walking Dead.  Who else tuned in?  I personally thought the episode was a little anti-climatic after the previous week's episode but I still enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. I've never made corned beef, but I definitely made sure I ate some. I made cabbage a few years ago and it was very easy and delicious, I think I'll make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with you about The Walking Dead! The two weeks before the finale were FAR more intense. I was definitely a bit disappointed by the finale (and not just because Shane is gone forever - *sobs*), but I'm glad they're finally off the farm. Time for the prison!

    Glad you had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete