Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Stuff I Like

1. Black Bean Quesadillas

via Budget Bytes
I've been making a lot of recipes from Budget Bytes lately and the Black Bean Quesadillas were my latest try.  I never realized how easy quesadillas are to make!  The recipe was filling, easy to freeze for eating later in the week, and delicious whether it was toasted in a skillet at home or heated up in the microwave at work.  Next time, I'm going to try it with some BBQ chicken.

2. SVU Marathons

via
While I've been stuck on the couch, Elliott and Olivia have been keeping me company.  No matter how many episodes of SVU I watch, I never get bored of it!

3. Contagion

via
I had wanted to see Contagion when it first came out but I never got around to it.  I finally saw it last week and I really enjoyed it!  I thought it did a great job of portraying how society would break down if an epidemic like this occurred.  It was also a little unsettling to watch since it's a disaster you can really imagine happening.

4. Everything is Illuminated

via
After reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Everything is Illuminated.  It's an absolutely beautiful story and explores human nature, family history, and the blurred line between good and evil.  I'm absolutely dying to see the movie now.  Eugene Hutz from Gogol Bordello is in it...and how could you ever go wrong when he's in a movie?

5. Amy's Indian Meals

via
While I've been couch bound, I've also been eating a lot of frozen meals.  My favorite has been Amy's Indian Meals.  They're filling but not salty lot of frozen meals are.  I've only tried the Paneer Tikka so far but I'm looking forward to trying more soon!


3 comments:

  1. I've been loving your posts lately - extra! ;)

    Amy's Indians are the BEST!! I haven't had one in so long. I love indian food..yum!! :) I can't remember the other one of her's that is good..hmm!

    I'll have to check out that book..it looks pretty haha :)

    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I've been known to make late night quesadilla snacks, they really are so easy and versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Contagion also! It was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete