Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday

via
My plans for Friday night fell through at the last minute so I spent the night cooking up a storm.  I made these amazing crab cakes (recipe here) that I found on Skinny Taste.  I was shocked at how easy they were to make...crab cakes have always seemed like a complicated thing to make from scratch.  The recipe only makes 4 so if you're looking to feed a group, I'd suggest doubling it.  I made up a batch of Summer Vegetable Tian as a side dish and it was another delicious yet easy dish.

Saturday

via
I did some more baking for today's office potluck on Saturday.  I made these cheesecake bars I found on Pinterest and they just did not turn out right.  I followed the recipe exactly but the cookie top turned into more of a cookie crumble than a solid cookie.  It was disappointing but they still taste delicious!  Anyone have any idea what the recipe is missing?

via
That night my friend threw an amazing cocktail party at his apartment.  Everyone got all dressed up and the cocktail menu included classics like Old Fashioneds, Manhattans, and Martinis.  He left out instructions on how to make each cocktail and then it was serve yourself.  It was a lot of fun to learn how to mix up our own cocktails!

Sunday

via
The ladies and I had a leisurely and delicious champagne brunch at Murphy's on Sunday.  There really is nothing better than girl talk and champagne on a Sunday afternoon.  It's been a few weeks since we'd been to brunch there and before we were leaving one of the sweet Irish men that works there came up to us and said "We'll see you next week....please God let us see you next week!".  I seriously love that place!

4 comments:

  1. no kidding, I pinned that crab cake recipe yesterday! glad it's got good reviews because it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a super fan weekend...yay!! :)
    Love finding new places to frequent <3
    Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, sounds like a good weekend to me! : ]

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds like such a cute party idea! i love me a good manhattan!!! and can you please come down to texas and cook for me? cause your skills are impressive! kthanks :)

    ReplyDelete