Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday


via Metromix
The weather was gorgeous on Friday so we decided to spend it enjoying an outdoor happy hour at Tony and Joe's.  I love spending time at the Georgetown Waterfront so Tony and Joe's is one of my favorite places to hang out.  The drinks aren't too expensive ($8 for a rum punch) and it's a great place to do some people watching.

As the night went on, we met a group of Royal Marines.  We didn't believe they were Royal Marines, so they told us they would show us how to do "Royal Marine Shots".  They ordered shots of tequila, poured salt in their hands, and then handed one of our guy friends a lime.  They snorted the salt, took the shot, and then asked to have the lime squirted in their eyes.  It was RIDICULOUS!

Saturday/Sunday

I cut my foot on a new pair of shoes last week and ended up with a nasty infection.  I had a fun trip to Urgent Care on Saturday and then the doctor ordered me not to walk on it for a few days.  I'm still couch bound and it's slowly driving me INSANE.  I'm hoping to be mobile enough to attend my first bocce game tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!


4 comments:

  1. Eee.. sorry about your foot Leanna. The price of beauty! And that is too funny about the tequila shots.. I've heard of people taking shots that way (we call it something different in CA - not appropriate for the blog) but have never actually seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh taht shot sounds terrible!!!

    Hope your foot heals up soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your infection goes away. Poor foot :(
    Sounds like a super fun Fri night tho!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be on that patio sipping rum punch right now! Who cares that it's 9am, hehe...

    I think I'd rather just do a normal tequila shot, no lime juice in the eyes please!

    ReplyDelete