Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cookouts...Apartment Style





Memorial Day Weekend is approaching and it's got me dreaming of cookout season.  However, for many of us apartment dwellers, having a traditional cookout isn't an option.  I've collected a few recipes that create a cookout atmosphere without the grill.  I'm definitely going to be taking advantage of them at my Memorial Day Weekend shindig and I hope you find them useful too!

Strawberry Mango Salsa





Slow Cooker Pulled Pork





BBQ Portobello Sliders





Spicy Chipotle Sliders
*cooked on a George Foreman instead of an outdoor grill*





Loaded Pasta Salad





Fruit Tarts





Do you have any apartment friendly cookout recipes?  I'd love some more ideas before I finalize my menu for the weekend!

6 comments:

  1. omg! this post is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've rounded up some great things! Good luck! I'm going out of town for the weekend and will be traveling back on Memorial Day so no cookout for me either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookouts are the best, and every single thing here is making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo that all looks amazing! And I love that you enjoy entertaining! An apartment style cookout sounds delightfully DC. ; ]

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of this looks so good, a big hit recipe suggestion is buffalo chicken dip !! SO GOOD! (http://www.campbellkitchen.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?recipeId=50538)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fruit tarts?! I LOVE IT :D

    ReplyDelete