Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Stuff I Like

1. Morkie

I recently saw a Morkie (cross between a Maltese and Yorkie) for the first time and it was one of the most adorable dogs I've ever seen!  Morkie's are so tiny and fluffy that you can't help but want to pick them up!

2. Oreo Cupcakes

via Gingerbread Bagels
I made these Birthday Oreo Cupcakes on Sunday and they were a big hit!  The cupcakes and frosting both have crushed up pieces of Oreo...yummm.  I'm sure this recipe would work great with regular Oreos as well.

3. Monogrammed Coffee Mugs

These adorable monogrammed mugs from Anthropologie were the favor at this weekend's bachelorette party.  I thought these were the perfect choice for a favor since they're personalized and can be used ever day!  I think I'll be stealing this idea for a few birthday's I have coming up this summer.

4. DC Bocce

I cannot say enough good things about DC Bocce so far.  It's well organized, they offer great food and drink specials at the bar afterwards, and the people are so much fun!  My team is made up of people that all signed up as individuals.  None of us knew each other before but we've all clicked so well...I feel like I'm making a new group of friends!  The Spring season ends at the end of June and I highly suggest signing up for one of the summer leagues.  If you're not a DC kid or bocce isn't your thing, there are plenty of other social sports leagues out there...you should look them up in your area!

5. Prepared Dinners

I usually don't get home until 7:30 or 8pm every night and the last thing I feel like doing once I get home is cooking dinner.  I typically cook up a big meal on Sundays and then reheat the left overs during the week.  However, the past few weekends have been busy and I haven't had a chance to do that.  Enter, Harris Teeter Chef Prepared Meals.  They are pre-made dinners that you just need to throw in the oven or steam in the microwave.  This week I've had a pork loin chop with apple, apricot, and sage stuffing and a chicken breast wrapped in bacon and stuffed with blue cheese.  My only warning is that these meals can be a bit expensive.  I typically only buy them when they're on sale.


4 comments:

  1. Um...I want that dog. So absolutely PRECIOUS!!
    I don't get home until 8:15pm either...and then don't eat until 9 or so because I cook. It's terrible. Ugggh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing about DC Bocce.....maybe I should try it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had me at OREO CUPCAKES.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boss' wife just got a Morkie and luckily she's been bringing their new puppy up to the office for the past two days! OMGGGG ADORABLE!!! :) Her Morkie has an all white coat and feels as light and as soft as a feather! I am so tempted to "steal" her and take her home with me :) She's so teeny she could fit in my purse :)

    ReplyDelete