Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Stuff I Like


1. Wet n Wild Club Havana

If you're like me, you'll remember buying ridiculous amounts of Wet n Wild nail polishes in Middle School and giving yourself sloppy manicures that would chip within hours of being finished.  The Wet n Wild Megalast Polish has completely changed my mind about the product.  I painted my nails on Sunday and there's barely a chip in them at all!  I'm also loving the bright colors, like this one in Club Havana, for the summer.

2. Moscato

My roommate popped open a bottle of Moscato over the weekend and I think I have a new favorite sparkling wine.  But be careful, the smooth and sweet flavor makes this go down waaaay too easy.

3. Corner Bakery Cafe

I didn't have time to make my lunch on Monday morning so one of my coworkers suggested I give Corner Bakery Cafe a try.  I'm so glad I did!  It was very reasonably priced for a lunch spot and they had all kinds of delicious sandwiches, salads, and soups to choose from.  I'm officially hooked on their trio option.  You can choose either 3 small salads or 2 small salads and a cup of soup...it's the perfect light and healthy lunch for the summer months.

4. Unstoppable

My boyfriend's love of movies has had me checking out a lot of films lately and the latest one we watched was Unstoppable.  I'm a big fan of action movies and Unstoppable didn't disappoint.  I was glued to the screen while waiting to see how Denzel would save the day.  If you haven't seen it, I definitely recommend checking it out!

5. Chicken, Bacon, and Avocado Quesadillas



I made these chicken, bacon, and avocado quesadillas on Monday night and they are delicious!  They're the perfect filling meal to bring to the office for lunch, just freeze them when you're done making them and pop one into the microwave when it's time to eat.  I lightened mine up a bit (it is almost bikini season!) by using wheat tortillas, toasting them instead of frying them in butter, and spreading the ingredients out into six quesadillas instead of four.  Using turkey bacon would be another alternative to make it healthier.


11 comments:

  1. Those quesadillas look so yummy! And I want to try that nail polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally need that nailpolish.
    Wow that quesadilla looks amazing...I will have to change my chicken quesadilla up a bit :) Thanks for the healthy alternative, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you also like that you're seeing me tomorrow?! : ] Ah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I officially LOVE 4 out of 5 of your things. Corner Bakery is a particular favorite of mine, I love pairing the Caesar salad with the roasted red pepper sandwich. I'd love all 5, but I'm totally out of the movie-loop. {Haven't been to a real theater in over a year.}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wet n Wild and Forever21 nail polish totally win over Essie, in my opinion. They go on smooth, and they don't chip. And they're under $4. Streaky $13 Essie that chips within 3 days and needs 4 coats can stop being popular any time now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After 'Safehouse' I'm definitely ready for another Denzel action flick!

    I just looked up some similar wines to that Moscat and I can't wait to try some :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nailpolish is SUPER pretty! Might have to check that out. Corner Bakes is the ish! Their brocolli cheddar soup is Amaze! Moscato is one of my personal faves, and those quesadillas look scrumptious! I'm pretty sure there's nothing in your post that I don't like!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I like the color of that nail polish. I really need to do my nails more often this summer. They haven't really been painted in forever.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any Wet n Wild product definitely reminds me of growing up! I loved their nail polish, lipstick, eye liner and lip liner :) I am not a wine drinker and so the only kind of wine I'll drink is Moscato! I love it!! But you're right - I have to be careful with it because in no time I'm feeling pretty good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moscato is awesome. I'm in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have yet to try that version of Moscato. MY favorites so far are Bartenura's, Barefoot and Sutter Home. Great drink.

    ReplyDelete