Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summer in the City

Last year I made a Summer in the City list and I did a TERRIBLE job of crossing items off of it.  Accomplishing 9 out of 25 activities was really a pathetic showing.  This summer I am vowing to be better at getting out there and getting things done.



1. Spend a day at the beach.
2. Have a picnic at the Jefferson Memorial.
3. Paddle boat in the Tidal Basin.
4. Go to a Nats Game.
5. Enjoy drinks at the Bullpen.
6. See an outdoor movie.
7. Go to disco brunch.
8. Get invited onto a yacht at The Georgetown Waterfront.
9. Attend an Embassy party.
10. Get a push up cupcake from Occassionally Cake.
11. Go to a Bride of Hipster Camp Pool Party.
12. See the Red Sox take on the Orioles at Camden Yards.
13. Have friends over for day drinking on the balcony.
14. Have drinks at New York Avenue Beach Bar.
15. Try the food at Back Alley Waffles.
16. Go to a soccer game at RFK Stadium.
17. Spend a day at Cantina Marina.
18. Visit my building's rooftop pool.
19. See fireworks.
20. Attend an outdoor concert.
21. Brunch at Masa 14.
22. Join a summer league through DC Bocce.
23. Go to the National Zoo.
24. Spend a day at National Harbor.
25. Attend a food festival.

What's on your summer to do list?

11 comments:

  1. A lot of the things on your list are things I wanna do too, like Cantina Marina and the National Harbor (I went in winter and it was fun even then)--you should try the seafood restaurant near the water (cant remember the name) but they have THE BEST lobster/shrimp bisque. Mmmm! :)
    Push-up cupcakes? I've never heard of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the list! This summer I vow to teach my baby how to enjoy playing in the sprinkler outside like a true southern child ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a friend of Becca's and she sent me your way! Your blog is so cute, and I love this idea! My husband and I moved to a new city last summer and really should think about doing something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your building has a rooftop pool!?? That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so right, if I don't make a list it'll be just like last summer where I did nearly nothing of what I had wanted to. I think the 'budding romance' didn't help but still. At least with a list I might cross of 2 things LOL

    Keep us updated on the progress b/c your list looks AMAZING ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got to go to a food (truck) festival last year and it was amazing. Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this list! Mine would include trying new restaurants, heading to the beach, hiking...and definitely seeing the Sox at Camden Yards (they have this new rooftop deck there...its pretty amazing)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your list! I need to make one for me this summer too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an AWESOME idea. I will probably steal it. Don't worry, though - I'll give you credit. :)

    ReplyDelete