Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend I attended a very good friend's Bachelorette.  As per request of the bride, we're not posting any pictures online but, I did get a few of some of the places we visited.

Friday







The Bachelorette Party was at The Westin in Georgetown and we spent Friday night having cocktails in one of the rooms.  I had met two of the girls before but it was my first time meeting the rest of the group.  Staying in for cocktails was the perfect way to get to know everyone and really break the ice before the weekend got in full swing.

Saturday


We started off our Saturday with a delicious brunch at Founding Farmers....and a few brunch cocktails. If you ever find yourself at Founding Farmers, I highly recommend trying their cucumber delight cocktail.  It's very refreshing and is perfect for the warm weather.  Our very sweet waiter brought the bride to be a piece of cake at the end of brunch.


After brunch, we took a limo out to Paradise Springs Winery.  I'd been to a winery once before but this was the first time I've been since I've turned 21.  It was a lot of fun to taste the different wines and to listen to the explanation of how they're made and what gives the wines their different flavors.  I was a big fan of their Petit Manseng.  We took the limo back to the hotel after the wine tasting and a few of us walked over to Tony and Joe's to watch the Kentucky Derby.  I was so happy that I'll Have Another won...I mean, how can you go wrong with a name like that?

We ended our evening with dinner at Scion (they have a BYOB option and the most delicious chocolate chip cookies for dessert) and dancing/drag queen show watching at Town.

Sunday

Iced coffee in a beer glass...made me giggle
Sunday we had our goodbye brunch at Ulah.  I CANNOT say enough good things about Ulah.  The service was fantastic, the food was amazing, and the prices were super reasonable.  This is definitely a place I will be going back to.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend with a wonderful group of girls!  It felt like a mini vacation and now I'm ready to tackle this week!


6 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of Ulah but I'm excited to try it out now! Sounds like you had a super fab weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got rid of all our glasses except our beer pints because we had SO many! I totally do my iced coffee in them ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bachelorette! Red Velvet! Winery! That sounds like an ideal weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like such a wonderful time! I love bachelorette parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear you had a great weekend...yay!! :)
    I was wondering what was in the beer glass until I read your caption LOL :)

    ReplyDelete