Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday

Friday was one of our typical nights at Murphy's.  A few Irish car bombs, lots of singing, and some catching up with friends.  It had been a crazy week at work and a night at Murphy's was just what I needed to end the week!

Saturday


On Saturday we went to the DC 101 Chili Cook Off.  It was a wonderful day!  I'd never been to a chili cook off before so it was a lot of fun to walk around and sample all the different dishes...sadly, the "Chuck Norris Chili: Made of Bits of Real Terrorists" (pictured above) was all gone by the time we came around.

Brandon Boyd <3
Along with the chili, there was also a concert and DC101 lined up some killer bands!  Neon Trees, AWOLNATION, Cake, and Incubus all performed.  I thought AWOLNATION absolutely stole the show with their live performance.  They have such a high energy and it's hard to believe such a big voice comes out of their singer.  In the words of my friend Chad, "I didn't expect him to be a sexy guy. A voice like that should come out of someone ugly...like the guy from Korn" haha.  Neon Trees always puts on a fun show and they didn't disappoint, Cake sounded amazing but they're live show wasn't very exciting, and I can't say enough good things about Incubus.  My inner 12 year old definitely came out while watching them perform.  I grew up listening to Incubus and it was so exciting to see all my favorite songs performed live.

Sunday


On Sunday morning, we had a surprise birthday brunch for one of our neighbors.  It was a lot of fun to enjoy some girl talk and some delicious food!  After brunch I FINALLY had the chance to see The Avengers.  I really enjoyed it!  There was plenty of action and there were also a lot of funny parts.  The little teaser for The Avengers 2 at the end already has me excited for the next one.  If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend seeing it in 3D.  Just make sure you sit back far enough.  We were a little closer than ideal and some of the fight scenes got a little hard to see in 3D.


7 comments:

  1. I am so jealous you went to the Chili Cook Off! I really wanted to go because I love Incubus but the only one of my friends who wanted to go with me is about 9 months pregnant and neither of us felt that was the best way to spend the day...Big sigh. It sounds like it was amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend! My boyfriend and I want to see the Avengers sometime this week cuz we've heard it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuck Norris chili?? Wow. That was probably the best thing ever. Not mention their "slogan" LOL I think a cook-off of some sort needs to be added to my summer bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. apparently i don't get what all this Avengers hype is about, but as many girls that I've read that liked it, I guess 'll have to check it out at some point

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I LOVE Murphy's! I visited Alexandria once (and fell in love) and we went to Murphy's - super fun place!

    Looks like a great weekend! I really want to see AWOLNATION live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the chili cook off!! i miss it! I used to go all the time in high school! sounds like you a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete