Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Stuff I Like

1. Lilly Dresses

Dolly Dress
Franco Dress
I bought my first two Lilly Pulitzer dresses from Rue La La and I love them!  They both fit like a glove and you can't beat the fact that buying them on Rue La La means they were half off.  I will definitely be rocking the first one at the office and the second one at brunch in the near future.  Any other Lilly fans out there?  Have you ever ordered their dresses on Rue La La?

2. George Foreman Grill Sponges

I cook on my George Foreman A LOT.  When you're cooking for one, it's a quick and easy way to whip up some dinner after work.  If you have a George Foreman, you will know that cleaning it is torture.  No matter how hard you scrub, it seems like that grill is never going to get clean.  One of my coworkers came to my rescue and gave me two of these Grill Sponges.  The design gets right into all the grooves and makes cleaning it a breeze!  Seriously, if you have a George Foreman, go order yourself some of these.  You won't regret it.

3. Capitol Deal

I'm always looking for a good deal and The Capitol Deal is one of my favorite sites to use.  Instead of your typical $25 for $50 worth of food, they offer deals like $15 for a brunch entree and a bottomless mimosa or $25 for a dinner entree and bottomless wine, beer, or rail cocktails.  JBunny and I used one of the dinner deals at Station 4 on Monday and it was very well worth it.  If you live in the DC area, I recommend taking advantage of the site.

4. The Angel's Game

Carlos Ruiz Zafon's The Shadow of the Wind has always been one of my favorite books.  My cousin sent it to me while I was living in Barcelona and I loved losing myself in a story about the city I was falling in love with.  I don't know why it took me four years, but I'm finally reading the prequel, The Angel's Game (ok, well I know why...I had grand ambitions of reading the Spanish language edition but never seemed to have the patience).  The writing is absolutely beautiful and it's almost painful to put the book down and continue on with my day.  The English translation of the third and final installment of the trilogy, Prisoner of Heaven, is being released on July 17th and I will definitely not be waiting four years to read it!

5. Rob Base "Joy & Pain"


I have a Return of the Mack Pandora Station...it's fine...stop judging me...and it's always playing throw back 90s hits.  This week, Rob Bases's "Joy & Pain" came on.  I totally forgot that 1) this song existed and 2) how catchy it is.  Rob Base apparently performed at Celebrate Fairfax a few weeks ago and I am seriously bummed I didn't go.  They had a Legends of HipHop concert with him, Digital Underground (The Humpty Dance), Young MC (Bust A Move), and DJ Kool (Let Me Clear My Throat).  To make things even more epic, Flava Flav hosted it.  I'm seriously kicking myself for not being there...it sounds completely up my alley.


4 comments:

  1. ummm how have i never seen those grill cleaners?! a must in my household! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: #4 - It's a TRILOGY?!?? I immediately went & pre-ordered it. :) Thank you for posting that!!! Clearly I have to re-read the others now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found you through Leslie and I'm so glad I did! I need those sponges! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Dolly dress is absolutely gorgeous! You're going to look so pretty in both and I can't wait to see pics! I'm always weary about ordering online without getting to try on. Just now I texted my twin sister Micaela to ask her what size tank top I should order from C.J. Wilson's website because I'm not sure and there's no size chart! haha

    I LOOOOOVE Return of the Mack!! I'll have to check out that pandora station this afternoon at work - all those songs take me back and will make for a pleasant Fri afternoon cooped up in the office! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete