Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

My baby sister graduated from high school on Friday and I am so proud of her!  She's off to Babson in the fall and I know she's going to do amazing things there!

I wish I had more exciting things to report but the majority of my weekend was full of helping my mom cook and clean for the party and attending graduation events.  The ceremony itself was great and her class president gave a HILARIOUS speech.  He started out with a quote from Drake's The Motto and then the whole topic of his speech was YOLO.  How the world is full of YOLOers (doers) and YOLOnots (thinkers).  It was funny, relevant, and a great way to relate to the class.

My sister's party was a lot of fun too!  It was a new experience for me though. Without my dad, I had to help play hostess.  Running around greeting guests and making sure people are mingling and feeling comfortable were always things he took care of.  While I'm happy that I was able to step into his shoes, I couldn't help but feel a bit sad that I had to.

I also loved visiting with my family and friends!  I saw a lot of relatives that I haven't seen in a long time and even a few old friends from high school.  The high school crew and the neighbors all stayed pretty late and things got a little rowdy...I may have shotgunned a beer with my friend's dad.  It's FINE.



5 comments:

  1. It's such an awkward adjustment when you reach that point when you can hang out with your parents and your friends' parents and everyone parties together like it's not a big thing. Like just years ago you wouldn't have been in serious trouble for the same thing. And yet, it's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! The speech sounds hilarious! I would've loved to hear that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good low key weekend making memories with the folks that count!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to little sissy!! You both are so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your sister! You guys are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete