Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I'ma be your Motivation

I have been an outrageous, scatter brained, hot mess lately.  I've been working so much and trying to cram so many social activities into my calendar that I've been struggling to stay on top of things.  I'll give you the perfect example of how bad it's gotten...Rach and I were trying to multi-task and go over the menu for her housewarming party while riding the metro last night.  We ended up so engrossed in her grocery list that we missed our metro stop...we waited 20 minutes for the next train...resumed going over the grocery list...and missed the stop AGAIN.  To paraphrase from one of the greatest movies of all time...I need to get my head in the game, get my, get my, get my, get my head in the game.  I promise I will get it together and be a better blog friend soon!  I owe a lot of you emails/comments/letters and I have high hopes for carving out some time to get back to it all next week.

In the mean time, I'm going to keep plugging away at my crazy schedule.  Here are the songs I've been streaming over the past couple of weeks to simultaneously stay motivated and keep calm. 

Disclaimer: Sticking with the theme of disorganization, the order of this makes no sense.  Just go with it.

1. Flo Rida "Wild Ones"
2. Does It Offend You, Yeah? "Let's Make Out"
3. Kanye West "Mercy"
4. Tyga "Rack City"
5. Jessie J "Domino"
6. Carly Rae Jepsen "Call Me Maybe"
7. Karmin "Brokenhearted"
8. Havana Brown "We Run the Night"
9. GROUPLOVE "Tongue Tied"
10. Jimmy Eat World "The Middle"
11. Fuel "Shimmer"
12. Walk Off the Earth "Somebody That I Used to Know" (Cover)
13. Our Lady Peace "Clumsy"
14. Blindside "Pitiful"
15. Gin Blossoms "Follow You Down"
16. Shwayze "Get You Home"
17. Young Love "Get Me Up"
18. Under the Influence of Giants "Living in the Clouds"
19. Third Eye Blind "Semi Charmed Life"
20. Ying Yang Twins "Drop"

What are your go to songs when you need to stay focused and get motivated?

5 comments:

  1. i seem to always have "Wild Ones" stuck in my head lately and my husband and I recently made up our own lyrics to that weird high-pitched part at the beginning of "Mercy" haha but another song that keeps me focused and motivated is "Rock & Roll Queen" by the Subways - which is weird because it really isn't my style of music, but a good song none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should spotify it and share it. Because I want that playlist but am way too lazy to make it on my own :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for an award today!
    http://jamiffer.blogspot.com/2012/07/sunshine-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good songs! A little old, a little new. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hah been there! i once ended up on the subway all the way into brooklyn when i should have gotten off in chinatown. yep. i love the playlist! i always go old school when i need to focus like 90s bands. idk why it just works for me!

    ReplyDelete