Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer Beauty VoxBox

I'm sure you're all familiar with Birchbox but have you heard of Influenster?  On Influenster, you unlock badges based on your lifestyle and interests.  Based on these badges, you are profiled to receive VoxBoxes, which contain a variety of samples targeted to your interests.  Unlike Birchbox, Influenster is free!  If you haven't signed up for Influenster yet, I highly encourage you to visit their site.  I mean seriously, is there anything better than trying out a bunch of hot new products for free?  I don't think so!

I recently received the Summer Beauty VoxBox and it was full of wonderful goodies.

The samples
Along with the samples, the VoxBox comes with a list and description of all the products inside.



I've been slowly working my way through the samples are here are my thoughts so far:

1. Quaker Soft Baked Bar in Banana Nut Bread

via Quaker
I brought my Quaker Soft Baked Bar in Banana Nut Bread into the office yesterday and munched on it as my mid-morning snack.  I'm usually not a big fan of banana but this was absolutely delicious!  Not only is it healthy, it kept me filled up until lunch time.  I have every intention of trying out the Cinnamon Peacan Bread variety next. If you click either of the links above, you'll find a coupon to try them out for yourselves...they really do make the perfect office snack!

2. Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color

I've been curious about Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color since it was released but I had never gotten around to trying it.  I was absolutely thrilled when a bottle of it was included in the Summer Beauty VoxBox!  It was the very first product I tested out and I was very pleased with the result.  It's easy to apply and the magnet creates fun designs with little effort...there's even a small plastic notch on the top of the bottle to help you position the magnet perfectly.  The mani's been a big hit with my friends too and a few have already asked to borrow the polish.

3. Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy

 Hands down, my favorite product in the VoxBox has been Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy.  I rely on a lot of product (think mountains of mousse and hairspray) to keep my curly hair tame in the summer.  It always ends up building up and leaving my hair feeling heavy.  The shampoo removes all the excess product from my hair and leaves it feeling light and bouncy.  You're supposed to start noticing a difference after seven days of using the product, but my hair is already feeling better and it's only day three.  As a bonus, it smells AMAZING!

I have every intention of breaking out the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion at my friend's pool party this weekend.  I can't wait to try it out!

Did anyone else get a Summer Beauty VoxBox?  What did you think of your products?


I received these products complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster.

5 comments:

  1. I've seen some of your tweets about Influenster, but I never really knew what it was! It sounds like a great way to try new products. I definitely thinking about signing up now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF?? I didn't get the hair therapy! Oh well. My review will be up next week. I just got mine yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Influenster is so fun! You got good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Influenster amazing!! I got to try out the MomVoxBox 2012 and it was great!

    Love your products and your nails look awesome, I will definitely be buying that nailpolish!

    Thank you girl! I'm way too excited for my Mexico trip! If you want a postcard I can send you one :) Just email me your address at kary10024@hotmail.com

    I've missed coming around your blog!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete