Monday, July 2, 2012

Week(end) Wrap Up

Wednesday


That's right, the weekend wrap up is starting with Wednesday this week...clearly I had a lot of fun last week.  My friend C has a new job and we decided to go out an celebrate on Wednesday night.  We started our night off at O'Connell's (snooze fest) and made it through one drink before we wandered down to Murphy's (surprise surprise) and ran into a bunch of our friends.  We had a blast!  There weren't many people there but it was honestly one of the best nights I've had at Murphy's.  It was completely spontaneous and being in a much smaller group than usual made it easier to visit.  I'm totally going to start stopping by on week nights more often...starting tomorrow.

Thursday


We spent Thursday night at Nats Stadium for the Congressional Baseball game.  That's right, we are a bunch of DC political nerds and went and watched the Republicans play the Democrats at baseball.  It was kinda hilarious and a lot of fun!  After the game we grabbed a drink at Justin's Cafe.  Justin's is a very small place but the atmosphere is great and they have Lost Rhino on tap (which I have been a little bit obsessed with ever since my trip to The Pinch).  I recommend checking out Justin's next time you're at a Nats game!

Friday



On Friday I flew home and had some serious First World Problems at the airport.  I showed up at the airport at the normal time I arrive for an 8:45 flight but silly me, I forgot people would already be traveling for their 4th of July vacations!  The lines to check a bag and the line to get through security were INSANE.  I didn't have time to wait in both and all my toiletries went into the trash so I could carry on.  We're talking bottles of hairspray, mousse, perfume, and my Mary Kay lotions.  It SUCKED but at least I made it onto my flight.

Saturday

 My absolutely gorgeous friend, Lauren, got married on Saturday and I felt so lucky to be there on her special day.  She looked absolutely beautiful in her white lace dress.  Lauren was in my ballet class growing up and we danced in many Nutcrackers and recitals together.  We couldn't resist busting out our Nutcracker poses for a picture!  I love how six years later, we've all managed to stay so close.


After the wedding, I went and had a few drinks with this kid, his brother, and their girlfriends.  I'd say this picture completely accurately sums up our 20 years of friendship.  It's always a lot of fun to catch up!

Sunday



Before heading back to VA, my mom, sister, my sister's boyfriend, and I hit the beach.  It was wonderful to put my feet in the water and soak up some sun.  It was a very busy but very fun weekend!



5 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun weekend! And love the ballet poses, looks like you still got it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Murphy's gives you free drinks for promotion on your blog...if they don't, you should give them a link. Your frequent posts about Murphy's has made it a must-do on my next trip to DC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The congressional baseball game sounds fun!

    That sucks about your airport experience :( At least you had a good time at home to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A busy weekend is a good weekend! And hey, I'm all for starting the weekend early. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous of your weekend! Besides the airport part. :)

    ReplyDelete