Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lust List: Living Room Edition

My roommate is moving out on Friday (ahhhh I can't believe it's so soon...I'm going to miss her!) and she's taking all the furniture with her.  I'm going to have to redecorate the living room and I'm looking forward to it.  I've never decorated an apartment before (I've always moved into apartments with roommates who have already decorated the place) and I have a ton of ideas about what I want to do.  My incoming roommate has some furniture as well so I'm hoping our two styles mesh.

Here are some items I am currently lusting over.
Source: vcf.com via Leanna on Pinterest


Source: vcf.com via Leanna on Pinterest


I have fallen hopelessly in love with this couch and loveseat...they will officially be mine on Thursday! The rest of my decor ideas are centered around them.

Source: vcf.com via Leanna on Pinterest


Source: vcf.com via Leanna on Pinterest


Source: vcf.com via Leanna on Pinterest


Source: ikea.com via Leanna on Pinterest


Source: target.com via Leanna on Pinterest


Source: pier1.com via Leanna on Pinterest


Once I get the furniture in, I'm going to move onto decorating the walls.  I'm thinking I'll head down to Eastern Market and pick up some unique pieces there.

Anyone have decorating tips?  Great Pinterest boards with home decor ideas I can start following?  Send them my way!

4 comments:

  1. Love your couch and loveseat! How exciting to get to decorate your place :) Can't wait to see the pics as your decorating comes together. You have such great style! I started following you on Pinterest. I swear I can spend so much time on there just looking at pretty pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pieces! So cute!!! Good luck moving/ decorating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pieces! It looks simple yet elegant and fit for a studio type residence too. I just love it! These would really look great on monochromatic walls of an apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of those tables (along with the couches) but my FAVE is that bookshelf!! Decorating is fun....you'll enjoy it (maybe not the bills that come with it, but you're only young once right??).
    The not so fun part is whenever you move, you now have to factor in all of that stuff that you bought. The first thing I bought when I moved out on my own was a set of reclining leather couches. Let me tell you, it was a PAIN moving those suckers (and finding a place that didnt have furniture already in it). Hopefully it wont be a prob for you in the future. Enjoy the fun-ness of it all! :)

    ReplyDelete