Thursday, August 16, 2012

Throwbacks



We all have them...those songs on our iPods we downloaded years ago that resurface every now and again.  I feel like a lot of these songs have been popping up when I've had my iPod on shuffle lately.  They're songs I never intentionally seek out but I love being reminded of how much I used to love them.  Here are a few that have popped up recently:

1. The Calling "Adrienne"
2. Immature "We Got It"  (I totally spent the better part of 6th grade aspiring to be Mrs. Batman...it's fine)
3. Collective Soul "Heavy"
4. Toadies "Possum Kingdom"
5. Mest "What's the Dillio?"
6. Soul Decision "Faded"
7. Hardfi "Cash Machine"
8. Kandi "Don't Think I'm Not"
9. Stroke 9 "Little Black Backpack"
10. Monifa "Touch It" (You can't tell me you don't remember this one)
11. The Streets "Lets Push Things Forward"
12. The Distillers "Drain the Blood"
13. Idlewild "You Held the World in Your Arms"

I debated throwing Custom's "Hey Mister" into the mix but I didn't want to offend any of your delicate sensibilities...

What are some songs that always surprise you when they pop up on your iPod?


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am pulling up like all of these songs right now. I LOVE that Soul Decision song and continue to rock out any time it comes up. Sometimes Pandora throws a wicked one my way - like Ginuwine's "Pony" and I remember how old I was when that came out and how much I loved it and I'm like...oh god, did I really sing this when I was that age? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is hilarious is i was streaming boyz 2 men on pandora and immature came on!! i was like WOW blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I don’t recognize a few songs, so I’m gonna go look them up. Chances are once I hear them, I’ll be flooded with memories! :)

    ReplyDelete