Thursday, September 20, 2012

Man Candles

via
Yankee Candle has started featuring a collection of candles called "Man Candles" and I CANNOT take them seriously.  Man Town (featured above) will make your room smell like a man cave.  I'm sorry...a man cave!?  When I think man cave, I think the scent of stale beer and old pizza...yuck.  If a man cave isn't your favorite scent you can also choose from freshly cut grass (Riding Mower), sawdust (2 X 4), and leather (First Down).

Still not manly enough for you?  It's fine...they have a solution.  Why don't you buy this little beer mug to hang off of your leather scented candle.  Now it's really masculine.

via
While I understand what Yankee Candle was trying to do with this line of "Man Candles", I think they completely missed the mark and turned it into a big joke.  What do you think of the collection?  Would you consider buying any of the candles?


7 comments:

  1. hahahaha, yes the smell of "man cave" does not make me want to even think of buying that candle, the "First Down" might not be so bad it makes me think of the new car smell, but grass & sawdust? No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't take this seriously. I think it is a dumb idea and I just can't imagine men actually going to buy candles, "man scents" or not. I'll still to pumpkin pie candles in our house! 8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually saw someone pitch an idea just like this on Shark Tank! Too funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about these a while ago and think they are stupid. Lame lame lame.
    Plus, what guy is going to buy himself a candle anyway? And girls aren't going to buy those scents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeaaah, when I heard about these "man candles" I was like, "welp, that's a huge marketing fail..."

    just found your blog- glad I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha that makes me laugh. When I think man scent I think of sweaty locker room. Ewww. There is just nothing masculine about a candle. Good try Yankee, but no...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scentsy has some man scents too. Guys do not care! But moms of stinky teenaged boys do. My cousin stocked up for her 13 year old. Hahah!

    ReplyDelete