Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday



A good friend of mine works for the government and he was generous enough to give us friends and family passes for Obama's speech on Friday afternoon.  I like to keep my politics out of this blog but, it was an absolutely incredible experience to see the president speak and to be so close for it all.

After the speech, we stopped for cupcakes at Occasionally Cake (still no push-up cupcakes...I'm beginning to lose hope) and then headed back to our friend's house to hang out.  We ended up watching Home Improvement and had a very important debate that I would love for you all to weigh in on...if Tool Time was a real show, would you watch it?  We were locked in a 50/50 split over whether it would be a great show or a terrible show.  As usual, we ended our night with a few drinks at Murphy's.  It was a really good day!

Saturday

On Saturday morning, I volunteered with the Junior League at the National Book Festival.  I love to read so it was a lot of fun to see so many people excited about books!  I did a little bit of everything from greeting attendees, controlling the book buying line, and guarding the door to the author signing tent.  I really enjoyed being able to see the behind the scenes aspects of the book festival.

Gangnam Style!
Afterwards, I headed over to T and C's annual State School Party.  We watched college football, had a few beers, and shared a lot of laughs.  We also watched the Gangnam Style video approximately 5 times until we all perfected the dance.  It was kinda epic.

Sunday

Yesterday Rach and I ventured up to Bodymore, Murderland Baltimore, Maryland for the Patriots/Ravens game.  We started the party on the Amtrak with some random Pats fans we met and didn't stop for the next 12 hours.  Our first stop once we arrived was Nacho Mama's for margaritas in a hub cap...that's right...margaritas in a hub cap.  The food there was absolutely amazing too!  I went with the crab nachos and Rach went with a beef brisket chimichanga that came with life changing black bean and bacon risotto.  I will definitely be visiting this place again next time I'm in Baltimore!

After our late lunch, we headed over to Pickle's Pub for a few pre-game drinks.  We met a great group of Pats fans to hang out with before heading over to the stadium.  While the end result of the game wasn't what I was hoping for, it was a really great game and both teams fought hard.  However, I was completely disgusted with the replacement refs.  They were making all kinds of terrible calls against both teams.  I lost count of the number of times they made a call and then a few minutes later announced "correction" and reversed the call.  The fourth quarter was almost painful to watch.  They were throwing so many ridiculous flags the players weren't even getting a chance to play football.  It was unbelievably frustrating.

A few of our Murphy's friend were meeting up for a post-game beer but Rach and I had to be up super early to get back to DC so we passed on it and headed back to the hotel after the game.  I have to admit, I'm completely exhausted today...but it was totally worth it!

In other news, my very good friend Ora is a dirty Jets fan (but we love her anyway) and was googling "sad pictures of Tom Brady" to send me last night when she found this gem:

I obviously love Tommy but this was just too hilarious not to share.

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! And black bean and bacon risotto? Can I say my mouth is watering right now!!
    Loved the Tom Brady photo, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you go to be at Obama's speech! I would KILL to meet him or even just hear him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... Tool Time. I bet it would be on like public access if it existed so OF COURSE I would watch it. It would probably come on at like 1am and we would be wasted looking for things to watch overnight. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nacho Mama's looks amazing, I'll have to try it out. I like watching shows like this old house and new yankee workshop on PBS, so I'd probably check out tool time occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bodymore, Murderland. HAHAHAHA! This cracks me up! I need to go get me a margarita in a hubcap! SO cool!

    ReplyDelete