Friday, November 16, 2012

Bootcamp Lessons

Source: google.com via Jessica on Pinterest


Today was my last day of bootcamp...and I'm not going to lie...I'm pretty sad it's over.  I loved my trainer, I loved how good I felt after every workout, and I loved the results I was seeing.  I only dropped about 4 pounds in the classes but my body fat percentage took a significant dip so I'm considering it a success.  I'm traveling too much over the holidays to buy another month right now but I'm hoping I'll have room in the budget to resume the classes in the spring!

Here are a few things I learned over the past month of classes:

1. Even though I worked out regularly before starting bootcamp, I didn't push myself anywhere near hard enough.  If someone isn't there telling me to put in the extra lap, I'll quit once I start to get tired.  This is definitely something I want to be aware of and push through going forward.

2. Free weight exercises.  In the past I've gotten all my free weight routines from Cosmo or Glamour's exercise sections.  I love both of those magazines, but let's be real here people, their articles don't compare to having a trainer give you a routine to use.

3. Butts and Guts day is simultaneously the best and worst day of the week.  The results are wonderful but walking for the rest of the day...not so much fun.

4. Having a friend hold you accountable is key to a successful fitness program.  There were plenty of mornings where I didn't want to get out of bed but T still drove to my place and insisted I come work out.

5. The first class is going to feel like the longest hour of your life...but after the first week?  You can't believe how quickly the hour goes by!

6. An intense exercise program boosts your energy level and mood.  I can't get over how much more peppy I feel compared to when I was just doing my normal 30 minutes of cardio every morning.

Have you ever done bootcamp or another intense exercise program?  What did you think?  How did you stay motivated after it was done?


2 comments:

  1. #4 is key for me! I find #1 is really hard to do by myself, but having a goal (like signing up for a race) helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to do a bootcamp class, but never wanted to pay the extra $ to do it at the gym haha I always figured the free group classes were enough, but now I'm kinda thinking I should do it after reading this glowing review! I hear ya on Butts & Guts day! I take that class on Tues nights and I always have to psych myself before each session - it's so damn hard. I wish we lived closer to each other, I need a friend to workout with!

    ReplyDelete