Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

via Someecards
 No matter what your political beliefs are, make sure you get out there and vote today.  It's your chance to make your voice heard, support your political ideology, and impact the direction of the country.  It's important so get out there and do it!

In other news, I'm hosting a results viewing party at my apartment tonight.  I'm excited to watch the results come in with a few close friends.  Are you thinking about pulling together a last minute Election Night get together?  Here are a few essentials for your party.

1. Color Me In Election Map

via
Want an interactive way to keep track of the results as they come in?  Print out a Color Me In Election Map and shade the states red/blue depending on who wins the state.  We did this in 2008 and it kept the results process fun and moving quickly.  You can also challenge everyone to color in a map in advance and see who comes the closest to predicting the results.

2. Election Night Drinking Game

A good drinking game is key to a successful election night party.  This is our top choice right now but this could all change when the Huff Post shares their drinking game later this afternoon.

3. Snacks

via My Recipes
You're going to need some snacks to accompany those drinking games.  I'm serving up some Loaded Baked Potato Dip and S'mores Dip.

4. Bubbly

You obviously need a glass of bubbly to celebrate your candidate's win (or drown your sorrow if he loses).


6 comments:

  1. Hi Leanna! Happy election day. It is a very important day and good to see y'all can have some fun with it:)

    Also wanted to say I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award over on my blog. Head on over when you get a moment:)

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drinking game sounds hilarious. I'll be watching even though I still don't fully understand the whole 'winning states' process.

    Happy Election Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for drinking games! That sounds like so much fun! HAPPY VOTING DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha if it wouldn't be too late it'd be so fun to do that drinking game with friends here, dangit! I'm going to have to wait til morning...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like fun. I think I going to hide in a hole until its all over. It stresses me out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome ecard! I love the idea of a results get together and coloring in a map!! It was just me and my husband, but my 4 year old was awake to see the winner, that was kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete