Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gift Guide

I'm in full holiday shopping mode and I've been scouring the internet for the perfect gifts for all my friends and family.  Here are a few of my favorite gift ideas this holiday season:

1. Sticky Grams

via Stickygrams
If you're getting a present from me this year, there's a good chance it's going to include a Stickygram.  Stickygram links to your Instagram account and allows you to turn your favorite photos in magnets...I mean how cool is that?  I definitely have plans to magnetize some family photos for my grandparents this year.  If you sign up, make sure to enter the referral code FRIENDEWRL.  You'll get $2 off your first order.

2. Julep Maven

You're probably getting sick of hearing me rave about Julep Maven but I love this program and I think it makes the perfect gift!  For $20 a month, Julep sends you $50 worth of nail polish and other goodies to try out.  Trying out the new products every month is so much fun.

3. Man Crates

I always have such a hard time shopping for the men in my life.  One of my coworkers recently introduced me to Man Crates and my dilemma was solved.  The crate above is the Whiskey Lovers Crate but they have crates for whatever the men in your life are interested in.  A few of my favorites include the Zombie Survival Crate, The Hickory Grilling Crate, and The High Roller Crate.  Some of the crates are a bit expensive but I think they also offer great inspiration for gift baskets of your own.

4. Tiny Food Party

Rach and I stumbled upon Tiny Food Party recently and we are both dying for a copy.  Food is always better when it's bite sized and all the recipes look like a lot of fun to make.  It's a great gift for a friend who likes to cook.

5. Repurposed Liquor Bottles

Tanqueray Vase
Cerveza Juice Glasses
These repurposed liquor/beer bottles from Bottlehood make fun gifts that will also become conversation pieces.  The juice glasses are my favorite since they're an unexpected use of a recycled beer bottle.

6. Booksi iPhone Charger


via RichNeeley Designs
I don't know about you but I hate how unorganized and cluttered my phone/computer chargers make my room look.  RichNeeley's booksi is the perfect solution.  Pride and Prejudice is pictured above but they have all kinds of classic novels to choose from.  It's a great gift for a book lover.

7. Fornash Monogrammed Bracelets


I recently ordered a navy and pink monogrammed bracelet from Fornash.  I love how it's a fun personalized gift but it's also classic and something that will get worn all the time.  The bracelet only comes with one monogrammed charm (unlike the one pictured above) but I like the simplier design.  If monograms aren't your style but you're looking for the perfect preppy jewelry gift, check out the other designs Fornash has to offer.  They have some great stuff.

8. Fab.com Giftcards

Fab.com has a ton of great home decor, furniture, kitchen appliances, and knick knacks to choose from.  I've been perusing the site daily for inspiration for decorating my apartment.  If you have a design concious friend or know someone who's just moved into a new place, this is perfect for them.

9. Sprinkles Cupcake Mixes

Sprinkles is my absolute favorite cupcake spot in DC...and guess what?  Williams Sonoma sells their cupcake mix so you can enjoy the deliciousness at home.  Pair it with some adorable cupcake liners and some decorating gear and you've got a thoughtful yet inexpensive gift.

10. Community Coffee


I'm such a coffee lover that you had to expect coffee to fall somewhere on my gift suggestion list right?  Community Coffee's Taste of Holidays pack makes a wonderful hostess gift or stocking stuffer.  Their Peacan Praline coffee is TO DIE FOR.

4 comments:

  1. That gift for men is perfect!!! Great advice. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok somehow I had never heard about fab.com before and now I'm completely sucked in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmhmm, I just might have just ordered a man crate for someone in my life. THanks for the ideas sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great ideas!! I put a Maven subscription on my wish list last week. I love the iPhone charger and the Sprinkles cupcake mix!! I'm also looking into a man crate.

    ReplyDelete