Thursday, December 13, 2012

Stuff I Like

1. World Market

I have developed a complete obsession with World Market.  They have the most unique little gifts, home decorations and furniture.  I've picked up quite a few things for Christmas (including a really awesome "Lump of Coal" beer to give to a friend who's a total grinch).  Are you a World Market fan?  If so, make sure to sign up for their members program.  They send out great coupons and you get a discount on wine!

2. Dropkick Murphys


I was a very very lucky girl on Tuesday and my friend C hooked me up with a ticket to see the Dropkick Murphys at U Street Music Hall.  I went to my first Dropkick's show almost 9 years ago and I've been in love with them ever since.  This show definitely didn't disappoint!  I can't remember the last time I saw them in such a small venue which made the show so much more exciting.  They played a lot of old favorites as well as tracks from their new album...I'm a little bit in love with "End of the Night"...and Al Barr...it's fine.  I'm already excited to see them again in March!

3. Starbucks Holiday Reward Program

I don't know about you, but the holidays always leave me needing more caffeine than usual.  Between the holiday parties, hitting the gym to work off said holiday parties, shopping, christmas card writing, and end of the year wrap up at the office, I'm not getting as much sleep as I should be.  Starbucks holiday reward program has been a life saver.  For every 5 holiday lattes you buy, you get one free!  Plus, their buy one get one free holiday latte deal is back until the 16th...bring your rewards card and you'll be saving even more money than usual.

4. Julep Cindy


Julep's Cindy polish arrived in my December Maven box and I just love it!  It's the perfect amount of sparkle and it's festive for Christmas.  I will definitely be rocking it to this weekend's Christmas parties.

5. RAC "Hollywood featuring Penguin Prison"

I have a bit of an obsession with RAC and this new remix doesn't disappoint.  Everything they release makes you want to dance!  I'm pretty bummed I'm already going to be home for Christmas when they come to DC next week.  If you're in the area, check them out at BYT's End of the World Party.  Brett's playing the show too and they are AMAZING as well.

5 comments:

  1. I love world market! I didn't realize they had a rewards program - thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to a World Market in so long! And there's one around here! I should go soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Julep polish is TDF! Picking that up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I love World Market. I love their different beers.

    The Starbucks rewards program kicks ass, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Cindy. I almost got it when I went into the parlor the other day, but settled on Scarlett.

    ReplyDelete