Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Thursday

On Thursday I met some girls from MA for happy hour at Poste.  It was our go to happy hour spot this spring/summer/fall since they have an absolutely gorgeous outdoor patio.  It's too cold to sit outside now but we were curious about their winter cocktail menu.  I opted for the Midautumn Night's Dream and an apple/cranberry/salted caramel cocktail which isn't on their website but it was amazing!  Afterwards, we met a few friends at Fado to listen to Matt Waller play.  We were feeling festive and we drank banana bread beer and asked the waitress to bring us "Christmas shots".  The girl scout cookie shot was appropriate...the picklebacks in the picture above not so much...but they were still delicious!

Friday

I kept things low key on Friday and met my friend L for dinner at Georgia Brown's.  They have a killer Scoutmob deal right now for 50% (up to $25) off of your bill.  We opted for the fried green tomatoes as an appetizer and I went traditional with the fried chicken for my entree.  It was delightful.  Afterwards we strolled around the National Christmas tree.  I really like the way the tree looks this year and there were some really neat state trees as well.  My two favorites were Florida (decorated with ornaments that looked like oranges and orange blossoms) and New York (ornaments of the NYC skyline).

Saturday

via Yelp
I met Jbunny for brunch on Saturday morning at Station 4.  We bought a Capitol Deal for a bottomless brunch back in October but this was the first time we'd had a free weekend to go together.  I LOVE the food and service at Station 4.  If you go, I recommend the Mediterranean Pizza.  It is delish!

via Cap Fringe
That night we went to see You Can't Get a Decent Margarita at the North Pole.  In the play, Mrs. Clause is sick of Santa working so hard...and spending too much time with Rita the elf.  She starts flirting with the Tooth Fairy to make Santa jealous.  It was absolutely hilarious and if you're in the DC area, I can't recommend going to see it enough.  After the play, we met up with a few friends at Murphy's and that was a lot of fun too!

Sunday

Source: google.com via Janice on Pinterest

I spent Sunday wrapping up my Christmas shopping and then spoiling myself a little at the Victoria's Secret Very Merry Shopping event.  Did anyone else go to the event in their city?  I thought it was so much fun!  Our store had a great DJ and some great raffle prizes...which I sadly didn't win.  Maybe next time!

1 comment:

  1. I seriously LOVE your Weekend Wrap Up posts! They make me want to try all the places in DC that you go to!

    ReplyDelete