Monday, December 31, 2012

Year in Review

2012 was a fantastic year for me!  It's the first full year I've spent back in DC and it was full of a lot of wonderful events, friends, and new opportunities.  Here are a few of the highlights.

1. Joining DC Bocce

I'm about to start my fourth season of DC Bocce and it's been such an amazing experience!  I've met so many new people and I've made some amazing new friends.  I'm looking forward to continuing the fun in 2013.

2. Dating P

I met P at the very beginning of 2012 and it was definitely a rocky ride...full of break-ups, make-ups, and now a friendship?  Ok, it's still a little more than a friendship...it's fine.  Regardless, I made some absolutely wonderful friends through him.  I don't think I ever would have gotten as close with C and T if we hadn't dated...and I definitely wouldn't have gotten so friendly with his roommate and his girlfriend.  Even though it wasn't always the greatest, the new people I met definitely make this a highlight of my year.

3. Bootcamp

Source: shape.com via Shawna on Pinterest

The ladies and I took a month long bootcamp class starting in late October.  Waking up at 5:30am every day was rough, lifting weights with my non-existant arm muscles was even rougher, and running laps that earlier in the morning felt impossible at first.  However, I ended up absolutely loving it and how challenging it was!  It really jump started my fitness routine and changed my activity level for the better.

4. Joining Junior League

I joined the Junior League in September and it was one of the best decisions I made all year.  I've met a wonderful group of women and found new and fun ways to volunteer in the community.  It's great to find an organization that lets you make a difference and have fun at the same time!

5. Fakesgiving

I hosted about 20 people for Fakesgiving dinner the weekend before we all went home to spend the holiday with our families.  It was a little stressful to entertain so many people but I had a great time doing it!  And now I feel confident that I can do it again (which is lucky because I've been volunteered to host bocce game night next month haha).

6. Friend Weddings

My first high school friend got married in 2012...and I have two more getting married in 2013.  It's crazy to think that I've gotten to an age where I have married friends...I don't feel anywhere near put together/responsible/accomplished enough to be someone's wife.  But I am thrilled for these ladies and I am wishing them all the happiness in the world.

7. My Sister Visiting DC

My sister came to visit me over the summer and it was so much fun!  It was the first time we'd done a vacation just the two of us (a staycation for me but I'm counting it anyway) and it was wonderful to visit and make some memories.

8. Seeing the President Speak

A good friend scored me passes to see Obama speak this fall.  I couldn't believe how close we ended up being!  When I was little, I remember asking my dad if he'd ever seen one of our Presidents in person...someday I'll be able to tell my kids that I did!

9. Buying Living Room Furniture

My roommate moved to Chicago a few months ago and I had to buy new living room furniture.  It's amazing how much more adult owning some couches makes you feel.  I finally found an end table I like which will hopefully be arriving next week...I will definitely be posting pictures of the finished product in the near future.

What were the highlights of your 2012?



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great year! My highlights were graduating high school and going off to college. Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A YEAR! Can't wait to see your new living room!

    ReplyDelete