Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Inaugural Ballin'

Inauguration weekend is just a few days away...for most of you, that doesn't mean anything...but for us DC kids, it means our city is about to turn upside down.  Between the celebrities flocking to town, increased security, metro closures, tourists invading,  and Inaugural Balls...it's going to be a busy weekend in the district.

GW Inaugural Ball 2009
I really committed to the inauguration in 2009.  I was at the We Are One concert, walked down to the national mall at 4am to find a spot on the parade route where we could watch both the parade and the swearing in ceremony, nearly froze to death waiting for Obama's motorcade to pass by during the parade, and then danced the night away at GW's Inaugural Ball.  I loved every minute of it.

However, this year I'm feeling very "been there, done that" about inauguration weekend.  Instead of hitting up the classy balls, this year we're focusing on cramming in as many fun and ridiculous celebrations as possible.  Are you feeling the same way about inauguration?  If so, these parties are definitely for you.

1. Blisspop's Inauguration Party

via Etsy
There are no words for how excited I am about Saturday's Blisspop Inauguration Party.  Moby is DJing...that's right, you read that correctly...MOBY IS DJING IT.  The party also features Will Eastman who is one of my favorite DC area DJs.  I think it's going to be an absolutely ridiculous night. The party is currently sold out but rumor has it there will be a very limited number of tickets available at the door.  Get your butt down to U Hall early if you want to get in.

2. BYT's Inauguration Spectacular

via
If you've been reading OMG I'm Back in DC for a while now, you know I love me a good Brightest Young Things' party.  They're hosting an all day event at Bohemian Caverns/Liv on Monday and it sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.  I mean there's going to be a photo booth, karaoke, and some killer DJs...what more do you need?  Tickets for the Inauguration Spectacular are only $15 and you can find them here.

3. Bar Scene


If organized events aren't your thing, there are 154 bars/restaurants that have been approved to serve until 4am and stay open 24 hours over inauguration weekend.  The Washington Post has the full break down for you here.  You will definitely catch me dancing the night away at some ungodly hour.

What are your inauguration weekend plans?

3 comments:

  1. i love inauguration weekend! I was home for that when Obama got elected the first time. it was SO FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to go to inauguration!! I wish i was going to the inagural ball though

    ReplyDelete