Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator sets for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Nominate blogs that you love (also with less than 200 followers). Link them to your post and let them know they have been nominated.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I always blast music and dance around my room when getting ready...it makes me late a lot.
2. I feel naked if my nails aren't painted.
3. I am absolutely terrified of heights.
4. My favorite thing to wear is a sun dress.
5. I'm usually reading 2 books at once, 1 fun and 1 serious.
6. I am a social media addict.
7. I spent a year and a half living in NYC.
8. My favorite sweet is cupcakes.
9. I love to cook and try out new recipes.
10. I turn into a horrible monster if I don't start my day with a cup of coffee.
11. My favorite city that I've traveled to is Barcelona.
1. What is your typical breakfast? Either oatmeal and yogurt or the quick and easy breakfast skillet Melissa blogged about back in May.
2. Who was the first person you loved? P. I've written about him a few times on the blog before and if things hold true to our previous patterns, you'll hear about him again.
3. Tell me about any past/current pets you've had. Between living in an apartment and working all the hours I do, I don't have time/resources to take care of a legitimate pet. Until recently I had a fish named Wes Welker but other than that, I spend time with my roommate's adorable Australian Shepherd, Penny.
4. You're having a burger for dinner - what's on it? Cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, and a pickle.
5. Who were you in high school? Cheerleader, Nerd, etc? I was "that" girl in high school who was chair of homecoming committee, pep rally committee, and pretty much every committee. It's fine.
6. What kind of cell phone do you have? iPhone!
7. Favorite dessert ? Sprinkles' milk chocolate cupcakes.
8. Favorite thing to do to waste time? Surf all my favorite social media sites, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and of course blogger.
9. What time does your alarm go off on weekdays? 6am if it's a workout day, 7:30am if it's a rest day.
10. What's your favorite season, least favorite? Spring! I love it when all the flowers start to bloom and it becomes time to wear sun dresses again. Winter is my least favorite...I hate the cold and how it gets dark so early.
11. Are you a rule follower or rule breaker? I follow the rules for the most part but I've also been known to cause some trouble.
1. What is one decision you've made in the past that always makes you say "what if I'd gone the other way"? Moving to NYC. I think either way, I would have wondered what if. I think I would be further in my career in DC if I had stayed here but I think I would have always regretted not giving NYC a shot.
2. What is your go-to comfort food? A big bowl of pasta.
3. What is your favorite "windows-down, music-up, just driving" song? I don't have a car in DC but I always love driving to (and simultaneously belting out) Leighton Meester's Summer Girl (you should probably judge me for this) or Young Love's Too Young to Fight It .
4. What is the furthest place you have ever traveled? Either Bratislava, Slovakia or Prague, Czech Republic...I'm not sure which one is technically further.
5. If you had money to splurge on ONE item you really wanted, what would that item be? A Louis Vuitton Speedy....I want it so desperately! I thought about using my tax return for one but I'm going to be a responsible adult and use it towards my credit card debt and student loans.
6. Have you ever had to stay in the hospital for one more than one night? I've never been admitted to the hospital (knock on wood).
7. Who would play you in a movie about your life? T. Swizzle...we look alike and have scarily similar boy dramz.
8. If there was a soundtrack for your life, who'd be on it? T. Swizzle's We Are Never Getting Back Together and/or I Knew You Were Trouble, Brett's Confidence, Ghost Beach's Empty Streets, Young Love's Get Me Up, Head Automatica's Nowhere Fast, Men Women & Children's Dance in My Blood, Shwayze's Get U Home, and Ke$ha's Tik Tok would all definitely be on there. I'd probably throw in some 90s alt rock, 90s pop, and p. diddy for good measure.
9. What is the most embarrassing thing you've ever done (or had done to you) in public? I'm clumsy so I'm sure it involved tripping and/or dropping and or/spilling something.
10. If you had to move to another city today, where would you want to go? Barcelona
11. Name one goal you want to accomplish this year. Be better about budgeting!
1. What's the best book you've ever read?
2. What's your favorite nail polish color?
3. It's Friday night, what does your evening consist of?
4. Are you a coffee, tea, or soda person?
5. What's your favorite recipe and do you have a link to share?
6. You're hosting a movie night, what movie do you choose?
7. What's your favorite board game?
8. Do you have any special family traditions?
9. Would you prefer a vacation to a city, beach, or the countryside?
10. What's your favorite store to shop at?
11. What are your music guilty pleasures?
Blogs I'm Giving the Liebster Award To:
Life That Sparkles
BB to 79th
Lights in the Sky
Keep Caffeinated and Carry On