Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Stuff I Like

1. Belga Cafe

via Yelp
Any other Top Chef fans out there?  Last night I had a wonderful lady date with T at Chef Bart's restaurant, Belga Cafe.  Tuesdays are $15.99 mussel pot night and I treated myself to the Mussels "Ostendaise" (with a half lobster, clams, and the most amazing tomato, cream, and lobster sauce).  T opted for the Mussels "Green" (with chorizo, spinach, garlic, and cream sauce).  Both dishes were absolutely fanastic!  If you're a mussels fan, you definitely need to schedule a Tuesday night Belga Cafe trip.

2. Pro Football Mock

Pro Football Mock is my new favorite website.  Everything they post always cracks me up!  My two current favorite posts are "Petyon Manning Texts the 49ers, Wondering if that Contract Offer Still Stands" and "NFL QBs on Facebook: Divisional Roundup".  Enjoy!

3. IRL Friends Blogging


Blogging is one of my favorite hobbies so I always love it when my IRL friends decide to jump into the blogging world.  Two lovely ladies that have been good friends for years have decided to restart their blogs in 2013.  Head on over to Jbunny's Keep Caffeinated and Carry On and Amanda's Three Hundred and Sixty Five to show them some love.

4. Chicken Pot Pie Soup

via Skinny Taste
I've had to step up my efforts to keep from getting sick this week (I acknowledge this is totally my fault since you SHOULD NOT kiss your ex boyfriend...especially when he has the Death Plague) and part of this has included consuming massive amounts of Emergen-C and soup.  When I saw Skinny Taste's Chicken Pot Pie Soup, I knew it was the perfect recipe for this week.  It is absolutely delicious and makes a great lunch!  One of my biggest pet peeves with soup is a broth that is too thin or a soup that doesn't have enough "stuff" in it.  In spite of using skim milk, this soup still has a nice and creamy broth and it is chock full of healthy vegetables.  I can't recommend making it enough!

5. Ghost Beach "Empty Streets"


I'm kinda in love with Ghost Beach's "Empty Streets".  Partly because the song reminds me of myself and partly because it's so bouncy and peppy that it provides the perfect afternoon pick me up.  If you like the song, Ghost Beach will be playing in DC with Brett (love love love them!) and The Soundmen on February 2nd.  You can buy your tickets here.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the love :) that soup sounds delicious! Glad you're not death plague status yet. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks for the shout out! Hopefully I can keep my blog up like you have!

    ReplyDelete