Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stuff I Like

1. New Kids on the Block/Boys II Men/98 Degrees Tour

From the NKOTBSB concert in 2011..see my post here
Did anyone else see the announcement this morning that New Kids on the Block, Boys II Men, and 98 Degrees are going to be touring together this summer!?  I love me some Donnie Wahlberg and I am BEYOND excited to hit up their DC date.  You can see the full list of tour dates here.

2.. Quaker Chocolate Chip Oatmeal

My sweet tooth has been in over drive lately and my go to breakfast this week has been Quaker Chocolate Chip Oatmeal.  It's the perfect way to sneak a little chocolate into a healthy meal.

3. Ripper Street

via
I'm a huge fan of BBC's Copper so I was really looking forward to last week's premiere of Ripper Street.  It definitely did not disappoint!  Ripper Street follows investigators in London shortly after the Jack the Ripper murders. The first episode was jam packed with murder, mystery, and romance and it left me wondering what will happen next.  If you're a fan of Copper, I highly recommend tuning in.

4. Woodward Table

via Yelp
I had dinner at Woodward Table last night and it was absolutely fantastic.  Everything we ordered was delicious but I particularly recommend trying out the West Wing Cocktail, the Duck Confit Flatbread, the Seared Scallops, and the Peanut Butter Mousse.  One of my dinner companions ordered the Pear Tart for dessert.  The tart comes with a gorgonzola blue cheese ice cream...yes you read that correctly...cheese flavored ice cream...it was incredible.  It's a little bit pricey but you should treat yo self...it's worth it.

5. The Other Boleyn Girl

via Amazon
I'm reading The Other Boleyn Girl for Alyx's blogger book club and I literally cannot put it down.  Philippa Gregory's writing is excellent and the storyline is enthralling.  I can't wait to link up with my review on Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. That concert tour sounds like a lot of fun. I was super obsessed with boys bands in middle school and had my walls COVERED with posters. I look back and go "oh my!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SUPER excited about the upcoming concert. I hope I can get tickets to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought my tickets to "The Package" tour (what a name) yesterday. I'm so excited! NKOTB always puts on a great show (this will be my 5th time. Whoa.) and I saw B2M last summer. I'm so excited! My grandma just recommended Copper to me. I'm going to have to check out both of these shows!

    ReplyDelete