Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Stuff I Like

1. Starbucks Komodo Dragon Blend

My Starbucks has started offering their Komodo Dragon Blend and I am a big fan.  It's strong and flavorful and is exactly what I need to get me through the day.  I've been filling up my free coffee in the month of January tumbler with it...if you haven't bought one of your own yet, it's not too late!

2. Lincoln

I went to see Lincoln over the weekend and the film was absolutely incredible.  Daniel Day Lewis did a phenomenal job playing Lincoln.  I loved how the film portrayed the Lincoln family dynamics and the backdoor dealings involved in passing the 13th amendment.  Although the movie is two and a half hours long, you get so caught up in the story it absolutely flies by.  I laughed, I cried, I got the chills, and I can't recommend seeing it highly enough.

3. Bare Minerals True Gold Eyeshadow

I headed over to Sephora over the weekend to pick up some new eyeshadow and I ended up deciding on Bare Mineral's True Gold.  It's just the right amount of sparkle and really makes my eyes look bright.  Since I like variety with my eyeshadows, I also picked up Celestine which I like almost as much as True Gold.  If you're interested in ordering some for yourself, ebates is offering 8% back on Sephora right now!

4. 9:30 Club Friends with Benefits

9:30 Club is offering a killer loyalty program called Friends with Benefits.  You earn points for buying concert tickets, attending shows, buying merch, or ordering drinks (and let's be serious, who doesn't order a drink when they go to a concert?).  You can trade these points in for free concert tickets, cupcakes, 9:30 club gift cards, etc.  It's such a great program and if you're in the DC area, you definitely need to sign up!

5. Cilantro Lime Chicken

via October Morning
I found Angee at October Morning's recipe for crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken on Pinterest recently and I couldn't wait to make it!  I threw it in the crockpot overnight on Sunday and it's made a healthy, delicious, budget friendly and filling lunch this week.  One piece of advice if you make it, put the chicken at the bottom of the crockpot and layer the vegetables on top.  I cooked it the opposite way and while the vegetables ended up with an amazing lime taste, the chicken wasn't quiet as lime flavored as I would have liked.

5 comments:

  1. I have that recipe pinned and have wanted to try it--so glad I have a real testimony that it's good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Lincoln!

    I'm gonna have to try the coffee AND the eyeshadow, so pretty!

    That chicken looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to see Lincoln because I love Daniel Day Lewis, but was going to wait until it came out on DVD. I've heard nothing but good stuff about it so maybe I really do need to go watch it at the theatre :) I LOVE movies!!!

    That chicken looks delicious!!! One of my New Years resolutions LAST year was to learn how to cook...I cooked ONE meal that my friend Ashleigh helped me with haha I didn't make any resolutions this year, but maybe I should put that back on my list and try this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I've been wanting to make that chicken too, looks so good and cilantro is my obsession!

    ReplyDelete