Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Stuff I Like

1. Siroc

via Yelp
It's restaurant week in DC and my department hit up Siroc for our monthly team lunch on Monday.  The food was DELICOUS!  I seriously recommend trying the chocolate hazelnut mousse...yummm. 

2. Crockpot Potato Soup

via Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hours
I made this Crockpot Potato Soup that I found on Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hours this week and it has made the PERFECT lunch.  It's filling without being too heavy and it's really tasty too.  The soup itself was super easy to make.  I just left it in the crock pot overnight and it was ready to bring to work the next day.

3. Governor's Ball

I had every intention of being oh so responsible with my tax return this year...and then I found out a bunch of my friends were going to Governors Ball.  I mean look at that lineup?  How could I not go!?  I've ALWAYS wanted to go to a multi day music festival and I'm really excited to finally be doing it this summer.  Is anyone else going?

4. King Cake

We celebrated Mardi Gras a little bit early with King Cake at my office today.  Can you believe I've made it through almost 25 years of life without ever having eaten King Cake?  It was super sweet but it was a nice treat and a fun little celebration.

5. Alex Clare "Up All Night"


 I can't get enough of Alex Clare's new song Up All Night!  It sums up my current life philosophy.  What do you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. Yesss, I saw that line up and it looks awesome. GI is such a good venue for NYC! I went last year and hope I can schedule it for this year also.
    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah missing king cake in Germany right now!

    ReplyDelete