Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Thursday

via Yelp
My Thursday started off with a wonderful surprise, my cousin was in town for a symposium and met me for breakfast!  I hadn't seen him since Christmas and it was great to catch up.  The day kept getting better from there.  After work, my coworkers and I had an impromptu happy hour at Maddy's Tap Room (I opted for the Wolaver's Alta Gracia Coffee Porter...it really tastes like coffee and is amazing).  We don't do it very often but, I love going to hh with my coworkers.  It's nice to get a chance to know them outside of the office.

via Yelp
I was going to call it a night after hh but a few friends were at Local 16 for a Partners in Health fundraiser and I decided to head over there.  The event raised money for women's health programs in Malawi and it was a really nice time.  After the event we wandered over to Cause (an awesome bar that donates all their profits to charity) and then to Solly's (there was live blue grass...so random but so fun), where I ran into the boys and eventually ended up back at their house.  The whole evening was really unexpected and made for a FANTASTIC Thursday.  I always think spontaneous nights are the best.

Friday

via Yelp
We celebrated my good friend DL's 25th on Friday night at Penn Social.  It was a blast!  Penn Social features arcade games, board games, pool, darts, and pretty much any other game you want to play at a bar.  Plus, they played KILLER music.  It was the perfect place to have a party and it was wonderful to celebrate with all our bocce friends.  A little later in the night, a few of us headed over to 18th Street Lounge for a little bit of dancing.  I'd never been before but it's got a great layout and the DJ was awesome.  In typical fashion, I ended the night by splitting Julia's Empanadas with Boy Jay.  They were delicious.

Saturday

On Saturday, I was up bright and early for the Bright Beginnings 5k.  It was a super early morning but the cause made it worth it.  Bright Beginnings is a pre-school program for homeless children.  The event was very well attended and it was wonderful to see so many JLW ladies.  I also got lucky and won an unlimited month of Bar Method classes during the post race raffle.  I'm traveling too much to use it this month but I'm looking forward to putting it to good use in April!  After the race, we treated ourselves to a fantastic brunch at Matchbox.

Sunday

via Skinny Taste
I spent a very lazy Sunday running a few errands, making this amazing Skinny Chicken Pesto Bake for my lunches this week, and cleaning out the DVR with the roomie.  It was the perfect ending to a busy weekend.





3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend. Spontaneous nights really are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charitable weekend! One of my friends was telling me about the bluegrass on Solly's last Thursday, I got the impression they have bluegrass every Thursday night. I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOHHH this weekend. But SUPER excited for you to come to Bar!!!!!

    ReplyDelete